Hard Day

I woke up around 5 am after having a bad dream Jay had work today so I decided to make him breakfast. I got up and tied my hair into a messy bun and walked downstairs. I went into the kitchen and looked in the fridge. I took the bacon out and started cooking it once the bacon was ready I cracked some eggs and made him fried eggs. I made him a coffee while I heat the bacon up. I put the bacon and eggs on a plate and took his coffee upstairs to him. 

He was lying sleeping when I walked in but he woke up straight away and smiled. "Morning Baby" "Morning Precious" He sat up and I handed him the plate and put his coffee next to him. I climbed into bed and sat next to him. "I really don't want to go to work" "Well you have to or Erin will kill me for keeping her partner" he smiled. I walked in the bathroom to throw up and Jay walked in "I'm brushing my teeth don't worry" I smiled. I washed my face and brushed my teeth I walked back into the bedroom and grabbed Jay's CPD hoodie and a pair of grey joggers. I grabbed my phone and walked downstairs. I grabbed my trainers and put them on while waiting on Jay. "You're going to be late" He ran down the stairs "And you're going to be a great mum" He put his hand on my stomach "Come on" I walked toward the door I locked the door and Jay got into the car. I got into the car and we headed to the 21st district.

Jay pulled up outside the 21st district and we walked in and up to the gate. Jay punched his pin in and opened the gate. Erin was sitting at her desk "You ok?" "Yeah, Why?" "After yesterday" "That's why I'm here, what happened to him?" "He's in the cage until Voight comes back" "Ok" I walked over to Jay and kissed him "Keys please" He handed me the keys and I walked towards the front desk. "Morning Trudy" "Good morning Katrina" "I believe you are the only person I have not told" "You're pregnant?" "How did you know?" "I can tell, Congratulations" She walked out from behind her desk and handed me a CPD teddybear. "Aww Trudy" "I would have given Jay it but I like you more" I started to laugh as intelligence walked through the gate and down the stairs to the garage. "Be safe" Jay kissed me as he walked past and Erin grabbed my shoulder. "I better get going, Thanks Trudy" I walked out to the car and got in. I started driving home when I decided to go for a walk with Coco.

I got home and walked in and put the keys down on the table next to the door. I walked over to Coco's cage and sat down and opened it Coco got out and jumped on top of me. I grabbed her harness from the top of the cage and put it on her I put her collar on her just to be safe. I got up and walked over to the coat hook where we had a bit for all Coco's stuff I grabbed her lead just as my phone rang. It was Erin "Hey Erin" "Kat" "Erin what is it" "Jay..." "Erin just say it you're scaring me" "Jay was shot they are taking him to med" "How bad is it" "It's in his arm" I felt a tear roll down my face "I'm coming". I hung up and grabbed my keys and shut the door. I got into the car and started driving to med. 

I got out of the car and run up Erin was sitting in the waiting room she stood up and grabbed me just as Will walked out "Will" "He's fine Kat you can go see him" I took a sigh of relief and walked up to his room and he was sitting up with a few cuts on his face and his arm in a sling. I froze at the door and then I saw him smiling. I walked up to him and hugged him "You scared me" "I didn't mean to" "Don't do it again" "It's my job" "I know but try not to get shot while I'm pregnant" he laughed. I sat down on the chair next to his bed "You know I hate hospitals right" "Yeah" "You gotta get me out of here" "Not happening" He moved his hand and put it on my stomach "I can't wait to meet this sweet pea" "It's a blueberry now" Voight and Ruzek walked in "How you feeling buddy" "Like I was just shot" I gave him a death look "Too soon" "Good to hear Halstead, take a few days off" "Sarge I'm fine" "Babe take the medical leave" "fine". Ruzek and Voight walked out and Rhodes walked in "Jay we want to keep you for a couple of hours but after that, you can go" Jay didn't look too happy. "Thanks, Connor" Rhodes walked out and I sat on the bed. 

I held Jay's head up so he would look at me "Babe it's a couple of hours and a few days medical leave. You can come visit me on shift tomorrow or you can take Coco out for a walk" "It's not that" "Then what is it" "What if the bullet had gone through my body and I had died. I would have left my pregnant girlfriend and my child without a boyfriend and dad" "But you didn't and you're normally safe" "Yeah" "Now let's talk about a gender reveal party" He smiled "Why?" "Because I want one to find out and tell everyone" "What about a baby shower?" "I don't want one, what's the point" "I don't know" "We never asked the due date" "That's because we saw Nat and then the OB while you were admitted" I looked down "This is payback for me being in the hospital isn't it" he nodded. "So let's have a gender reveal party" I smiled "Why the sudden change of mind?" "becasue I want to find out as well" I kissed him just as Erin walked in "Hey I heard you're getting out in a few hours so I'm going to head back to the 21st" "Thanks Erin" Erin walked out. 

An hour had gone by and Jay and I were just talking about some baby names then Connor walked in. "Jay your Stats are fine so you are free to go" Jay got changed and walked out to the desk to sign the discharge paperwork. "If you can sign here, here and here" He signed the paperwork and I grabbed his arm and walked out with him. Voight had taken his badge and gun so he wouldn't go back to work. We walked out to the car and I had to fight Jay into the passenger seat. I got into the driver seat and drove home.

Coco was jumping up at us and I picked her up and put her in her cage and shut it. I helped Jay up the stairs and into the bathroom. I brushed my teeth while Jay struggled to get changed but he wouldn't let me help him "At least let me help you to bed" "Fine" I walked over and took his good arm and helped him in. I grabbed a pair of shorts and swapped the joggers for shorts. I got into bed and kissed Jay on the cheek. "I love you and I will always be there for you no matter if you get shot or stabbed I will be by your side the whole time" He smiled and kissed me. I felt useless becasue Jay was in pain and there was nothing I could do to help him.