Hospital Visit

I woke up and looked around I was in a hospital bed with cables attached to monitors. I looked over to see Jay sleeping in the chair next to my bed. The doctor walked in and Jay woke up he grabbed my hand and kissed it. "the baby" was the first thing I said "The baby is fine" I breathed a sigh of relief. "Do you remember what happened?" "I remember getting Dani, Sylvie and Erin and going outside with them then I felt light-headed and took a seat on the step then Dani rushed to get Jay and he came out and put his jacket around me and I knocked it off" She looked at Jay and he nodded, "I think what caused this is stress" I nodded "I want to keep you in for a bit more just to be safe" Erin appeared at the door. 

"Hey, how you feeling?" "Tired" "You gave us all a fright" I smiled "Did you forget I like to do that" she laughed. Jay stood up "I'm going to go get some coffee" he kissed my head and walked out. Erin sat on the chair "I found something out about last night" I looked at her "I found a ring box in our SUV" I looked down "So me fainting probably just gave him the chance not to do it" Erin sat on the bed and lifted my head up "No he loves you his desk is full of pictures of you and this baby" I smiled then the OB walked in and Erin moved onto the chair. The OB did all of her checks on the baby "Your baby is the size of a sweet pea" I smiled as Jay walked in. He looked at me then at the scans I could see a tear roll down his face. "I will leave you all in peace" the OB walked out. "Severide, Dani, Sylvie and Casey are here" I looked down "Want me to tell them to come back later?" I nodded. Jay walked out "Thanks Erin" "I will leave you and Jay".

Jay walked back in and sat on the bed "Jay don't lie to me what's wrong" he looked away "Jay tell me" he said nothing. I grabbed his hand and held it hoping he would speak to me Will was on shift this morning so he would probably come in. "Baby please talk to me" he looked at me and used his other hand to touch my stomach. "Baby I'm fine our sweet pea is fine" "sweet pea?" "yeah our little baby is the size of a sweet pea" another tear rolled down his face I wiped away the tear just as Will walked in. "I heard you were in here" I nodded "Give me a shout if you need me" Will walked out and Jay turned to face me. "Seeing you lie there with cables attached to the monitors made me realise how much I love you and how much I need you" I felt a tear fall down my face. Jay lifted his hand and put it onto my face and wiped the tears away he leaned in and kissed me and I kissed him back. "Jay I love you so much and if you were to ever get shot or injured but please don't I would be by your side the whole time" he smiled. 

Jay went home to get changed and to get me some stuff and Severideand Dani walked in "Hey" "Hey guys" "Jay said you might want some company" I smiled while Severide sat on the chair and Dani sat on the bed. "So what did they say cause it" "Stress" Severide looked at me "Are you sure being at 51 working while pregnant is a good idea?" "Kelly I'm fine there is other stuff that could be stressing me out, I'm a paramedic I don't run into burning buildings putting both mine and the baby's life in danger". Will walked in "Hey Will" "Hey guys I've just come to tell you that when Jay comes back you are free to go" "Thanks Will" Will started walking out then turned around "But rest for the next couple of days and no Molly's" Jay walked in with my bag "Thanks babe" "Kat we will see you soon" Dani and Severide stood up and walked out "Your brother said I was free to go when you got back" "I don't trust you" He walked out to find Will I drew the curtain and got changed into Jay's CPD hoddie and a pair of joggers Jay had brought me. He walked back in "Let's go home then" I stood up and Jay grabbed the bag and my arm. We walked out to the car and Jay helped me in. Jay got in and we started driving home.

We got home and Jay grabbed my bag and arm before walking up to the house. When we got inside Jay put my bag down and helped me up the stairs. I got into bed and Jay got in next to me "Let's have a movie night" We sat up and I put my head on Jay's shoulder while he put his arm around me. Jay put on a movie and I cuddled into him. We watched movies until 9 pm and then I was really tired so I decided to lie down and get some sleep. Jay lay down with me until his phone went I was a quite light sleeper so I woke up when it buzzed "Everything ok?" I moaned "Everything's fine" He had the look on his face the one when he just found out intelligence had a case. "I need to phone someone" He got out of bed and walked downstairs "Hank I can't come in, Kat just got out the hospital and I need to be there for her" I heard him shout threw the phone. He finally came up to bed and lay down. I moved closer to him to get his body heat. He kissed my head and I fell asleep.