New Car

I woke up and just lay staring at the ceiling thinking about the future again then my phone buzzed. I looked at it "Morning Baby hope you slept well I can't wait to see you" I smiled then looked at the time it was 7:38 so I got out of bed and put my boots on.
I walked into the common room and everyone was doing their thing. I grabbed an apple and ate it even though that was a bad idea because I would just be sick. I sat at the circle table and went online to look at baby stuff "That's cute future, Mrs Halstead" I turned around and Jay was standing behind me "You are really early so please say you brought food" "No food just me" "That's disappointing" "And that's rude" "I apologise but I need to be sick" I got up and walked to the bathroom.
I walked into a cubical and threw up my hair was in a bun so I had nothing to worry about thankfully. I heard the door open but when I turned around it was Jay "So you're following me now" "No I just want to be there with you" "Well you can do that when I'm in labour but for now you can go get my toothbrush" "What's your locker combination?" "My badge number" "And what's your badge number?" "1426" "Ok" Jay walked out and I threw up again. He walked back in and handed me my toothbrush and toothpaste. I brushed my teeth then kissed him "I wanted to do that since you got here" I smiled and walked out to the locker room.
I opened my locker and Jay was behind me "I noticed that" "What" "How there is a picture of the scan and not me" "I like our blueberry better" "But I bet you your locker doesn't have a picture of either me or the scan" "Fine the scan isn't there" "See now let's get back in case Sylvie looks for me" I walked into the common room holding Jay's hand
I sat down at the circle table on my phone I couldn't tell if Jay was mad or if he just didn't want to talk. I looked at jobs hoping no one would see. I didn't want to transfer or change jobs I just wanted to see what I could be doing with my life. The next shift started working in so I smiled and looked at Jay "You always want to do stuff" "What do I have to do?" "Just get my bag and jacket out my locker" "Ok" He got up and walked out. "Kat why are you looking at jobs elsewhere" Shit I left my phone unlocked on the jobs page and on the table "I just wanted to see what else I could be doing "Kat these are firefighting" "I know I passed the academy 2 marks under Severide" "You went to the academy?" "Yeah and finished being a candidate before leaving because it hit home too much" "What?" "My dad died in the line of duty" I felt tears in my eyes but I held them back as much as I could. "You ready to go now I have your bag" "Yes I am" I got up and walked up to Jay I put my head on Jay and he put his arm around me. We walked out to the car. I got in then Jay got in after "Jay we need a bigger car" "What why" "Because we could never fit a pram in the trunk or get a car seat in the back" "Ok fair enough" "Let's go home so I can get changed then go look for cars" "Ok what type do you want" "A big family one" "That narrows it down" We laughed.

I walked into the house and Coco was running about "You're so big yes you are" She jumped up at me. I walked past and gave her a treat for being good while I was at work. I walked upstairs and got changed into a black dress with a maroon scarf and a leather jacket. I walked downstairs and grabbed my black boots with a small heel. "Sylvie told me you were looking for a new job" "I'm not I just wanted to see what else I could be doing with my life other than sitting around waiting on man-down calls were a little kid has fallen and broken their arm" "Ok but whatever you decide on be safe" "I'm not changing jobs but can we go look at a car please" "Ok". I got up and walked to the door Jay locked it and then I got into the car. 

We car to the car dealership and we looked around and we saw a perfect car that we both liked. We walked in "Hi there my fiance and I would like to buy a car" "Hi if you would like to follow me we can set you up" We followed the woman and she went to get someone to help us. "Good Afternoon I'm Josh" "Good Afternoon I'm Jay and this is my fiance Katrina" "Afternoon" "So what kind of car can we get for you" "Jay you can talk I know nothing about cars" "So we were looking and we liked the Ford Explorer in blue" "Ah yes it's a really good family car" I smiled and looked at Jay. "So what do you both do" "I'm a detective in the CPD" "And I'm a paramedic in the CFD" "Ok so I will get the paperwork for you both to sign and the keys" He walked off and I kissed Jay "Molly's?" "Yeah, I need to see Herrmann". The man walked back "Ok if I can get you both to sign here, here and here" we both signed them and he handed us the keys. "Thank you" "That's ok" "Jay if you think you are driving this to Molly's you are crazy" I walked out to the new car and got in. "Ah the smell of a new car" I started driving to Molly's but before I connected my phone to the Bluetooth and played my favourite music.

I got to Molly's before Jay so I got out and walked into Molly's "There she is" "What have I done now" "We wanted to give you a little engagement party" "It's just me Jay had the old car so he is probably still driving" "New Car?" "Jay's was too small and I sold mine up because there was no point having 2 cars" " Well fair enough what can I get you" "Do you have any non-alcoholic red wine?" "Surprisingly we do" "I'll take a glass off that" "I'll bring it over with a beer for Jay" "Thanks Herrmann" I sat down and looked at where Jay was he was stopped he wasn't on his phone or somewhere he would need to stop. I walked over beside intelligence with Jay's beer and my wine.
"You shouldn't be drinking those" "Erin don't worry the beer is Jay's and the wine is non-alcoholic" "Ok good" "Has anyone heard from Jay he should be here by now" "Why were you not with him" "We just got a new car so I drove that but the tracker says he's stopped and he isn't on his phone" "No I can text him but sit here until he comes" "Yeah thanks Erin" I sat down next to Erin "Don't sit next to Ruzek he plans to get drunk and when he is drunk he hits on random girls" I laughed "He wouldn't want to hit on me" "How come Jay managed to hit on you" "I was single then"
 Jay walked in I stood up and walked over to him "Where the hell have you been?" I kissed him. "I got stopped" "You Jay Halstead got stopped by the police" "Yeah apparently I was speeding" "How did you get out of that" "Showed him my badge and said I was responding to a call" "Of course you did" I walked and sat down next to Erin again "Please tell me Erin told you about Ruzek" "Yeah and I told them that he would not like to hit on me" I finished my wine "Now you are drinking" "It's non-alcoholic even ask Herrmann" "I will" I laughed "Herrmann" "What can I do for you Jay" "What is Kat drinking" "Non-alcoholic red wine, why" "Just making sure" "I already asked Jay I thought she was drinking your beer". "Herrmann can I get another beer and more wine please" "Coming up kid" Herrmann brought our stuff over. "Thanks, Herrman" I drank the wine while Jay drank his beer. "We should go home before you get drunk" "Fine" I helped him up "Get in the car I can still drive" I got into the car and drove home.

I helped Jay out of the car and into the house "Get ready for bed I will feed Coco" he walked upstairs and I walked into the kitchen to feed Coco "there you go, baby" I switched the lights off and walked upstairs. Jay was sitting holding his head up with his hands. "What are you looking at?" "I'm not sure but whatever I'm looking at it's beautiful" "I love you" "I love you too" I walked into the bathroom and I took my hair out of the low bun and put it into a messy bun. I brushed my teeth then walked into the bedroom. I got changed into one of Jay's shirts and a pair of shorts. I switched the lights off and got into bed. I put my head on Jay's chest "I have been thinking" "That's not good" I slapped him "About the baby" "What about the baby" "I think we should have godparents" "Why" "Well in the small chance you get shot and die and the small chance I get called in to a fire and die or if I change to be a firefighter again" "Ok" "I was also thinking that we should move somewhere bigger" "Like where" "I don't know I love it here but I don't think it would be good to bring a kid up in" "I know what you mean but we can think about it tomorrow". I kissed him then he put his arm around me. I kept thinking about the wedding I wanted our little blueberry there for it and not in my stomach.