"Lucky Man"

"Jay" I grabbed his hand and started crying "He is still breathing so he will wake up" I sat down and kept a hold of his hand the whole time. Will and Nat walked in "How is he?" "He-" The tears were falling down my face and Dr Choi walked in "Ethan how is he?" "He will be fine but we don't know what caused it" "He was drinking from about 6 but he wasn't drinking that much cause he felt bad for me" "I doubt that's what caused it" "Stress?" "Possibly". "Kat we will leave you two" I got up and hugged Will and Natalie and Natalie wiped the tears away "He will be ok" I smiled at her and sat down. I grabbed his hand again and fell asleep.
When I woke up Jay was lying staring at me. I got up and hugged him so tight "You need to stop doing that" he laughed. Ethan walked in "Jay morning man" "Morning" "So Will will be your doctor from now becasue I get to go home and sleep" "Lucky man". I sat with Jay until Will came in "Morning Will" "Kat it's good to see you not crying" "I will hit you, Will" he laughed and so did Jay. "Jay we want to keep your for a couple of hours but after that, you can go" He smiled "Thanks bro".
Dani and Kelly were standing at the door "Morning Will" "Morning Dani" Dani hugged Will then walked up to Jay and hugged him. "Jay stop scaring us all" Dani walked around and hugged me "Kat go get something to eat" "I'm fine" "Kat she's right" "Guy's I'm fine" "Kat I'll come with you" "Kelly-" "I am not arguing I saw what happened with your dad" "Fine" I got up and kissed Jay then walked down to the cafeteria with Kelly.

"He will be fine" I started crying and Kelly grabbed me "Hey it's going to be ok" I nodded my head "Now let's get food before I eat someone" I started laughing "See there we go". We started walking again. We ordered our food and sat down at a table "So Kelly I've been thinking" "That's not good" I slapped him "What about" "I want to be a firefighter again" he spit out his coffee so I handed him a napkin "What? Why?" "It was something Casey said the other day and when I pulled on the turnout gear again it felt right" "What does Jay think" "He wasn't too happy with it but I told him I would speak to Boden and just do a shift or two to cover someone's furlough" "That's a better idea" "But I still think he isn't happy" "Disappoint anyone... Hell disappoint everyone but don't ever disappoint yourself" "Thanks Kelly." Our food arrived "So a little boy what names do you like?" "I don't know but I want my dad's name in there somewhere" "That's a good idea" Kelly's phone went "Hey babe" "Yeah we will be straight up". "Kelly what's happened" "Jay is looking for you" I let out a sigh, "I thought something had happened". I finished my food and got up. I put my jacket on and we started walking back up to Jay's room.

I walked in and kissed Jay "Will says I can go as soon as I sign the paperwork" "I'll go get him" I walked out to find Will "Hey Kat is Jay ok?" "Yeah can I get the discharge paperwork for him please" "I will go get it and bring it in". I walked back into Jay's room and sat down. "Jay your son just kicked me" He smiled and put his hand on my bump. I moved his hand to where he was kicking me "There". His smile went from one side of his face to the other "Can that smile get any wider Halstead" Will walked in with the discharge paperwork "Jay you know where to sign" He signed the paperwork and got out of bed. I helped him walk to the car "Thanks Kelly" I hugged him "Thanks Dani" I got into the car and kissed Jay then started driving home.

I got out and unlocked the door then went to help Jay. We walked into the house and sat down "Let's look at nursery stuff" "Ok" I got up to grab my iPad so we could look at stuff. We chose a powder blue paint with an animal wallpaper mural. We chose a white cot and baby changing station. That's all we had bought just now but I had found a light grey rocking chair but we didn't want to buy anything more just yet. "Pizza and a movie?" "I am picking the movie then" I didn't get to pick the movie becasue I came up with the idea. Jay picked Game Night and we waited until the pizza came. The pizza arrived and Jay got some Pepsi for me and a beer for himself. "Is having a beer a good idea after last night?" "One beer won't hurt" "Press play then". Jay pressed play and watched the movie while eating pizza. The movie finished "I'm going up to bed" "Ok I'm going to look at wedding dresses" I sat and looked at party decorations because Jay's birthday was in 2 days and I wanted to through him a surprise party. I phoned Herrmann "Hey Herrmann" "Hey kid what's up" "Jay's birthday is in 2 day's and I want to through him a surprise party at Molly's if that is ok" "It's more than ok" "I will go buy stuff for it" "No you will not I will and then I will decorate it" "I will pay for it then" "No you are having nothing to do with it" "Fine" "Bye kid" "Bye Herrmann". I decided to look at wedding dresses but I wanted Dani, Kim, Erin and Sylvie to be there when I chose one. After looking at wedding dresses I looked at birthday presents for Jay I bought him a new watch and a new jacket for work. I looked at the time and it was 11:45 pm so I decided to go to bed.
I walked upstairs and into the bedroom, Jay was asleep so I kissed his forehead and walked into the bathroom. I put my hair into a messy bun and changed into one of Jay's shirts. I brushed my teeth and took off my makeup and got into bed I kissed Jay and fell asleep.