Christmas Day

I woke up and Noah was screaming. I looked at Jay who was sleeping so I grabbed my phone and walked through to the nursery.
I walked in and placed my phone on the changing table and switched the light on then walked over to a crying Noah. I picked him up "Hello little man" I put on a baby voice. I walked over to the changing table and put Noah down. I crouched down and took out a diaper and baby wipes and placed them next to my phone. I stood back up and changed Noah's diaper and placed the used diaper in the bucket. I picked up my phone and looked at the time. "It's midnight baby" I picked Noah up and walked over to the rocking chair. "Happy 1st Christmas little man" I smiled and started feeding Noah. "You done little man?" I burped Noah then started rocking him "Good night little man" I placed Noah back into his cot and grabbed my phone and walked back to my bedroom.
I climbed back into bed "You ok?" Jay moaned "Noah was crying" "I'll get him next time" "You can't he will be hungry" "Merry Christmas Baby" "Merry Christmas handsome" I kissed him a couple of times. I turned over and placed my head on his chest "I love you" "I love you too" He put his arms around my waist and pulled me in closer to him "I will always be here for you no matter what" I didn't say anything I just felt enjoyed feeling his presence. I fell back asleep.

I woke up covered in sweat and with tears rolling down my face and Jay's arms around me holding me close. "It's ok baby" I was out of breath so I took a deep breath then Noah started crying "I'll get him and bring him through" I nodded and Jay switched the lights on so I sat up and looked at the time. It was 2:30 am and I had only been asleep 2 and a half hours. Jay walked back in with Noah and handed him to me "Hello again baby" I smiled and kissed his forehead. I started to feed him when Jay got into bed "I'll take him back through" "It's ok get some sleep" "No not if you are up." After Noah was finished I handed him to Jay "You need to burp him" Noah put him on his shoulder and started to burp him. I lay back down and fell asleep before Jay came back into the room.
Jay woke me up while he was holding Noah "He needs food again" I smiled and took Noah from him and started feeding him "Next time he wakes up I'm getting up because we have a Christmas dinner to make for 51" "I'll get up as well then but you need to get sleep" I smiled. Noah finished feeding and I handed him to Jay I lay back down and fell asleep.

I got out of bed and walked through to the nursery. I switched the light on then walked over to the cot "Morning baby" I picked Noah up and sat on the rocking chair and started to feed Noah. When I looked up there was a figure standing in the doorway. "You're an amazing mom" I looked up and smiled "And you're an amazing dad" Jay walked over and kissed my temple "Merry Christmas" "Merry Christmas." Noah finished feeding so I got up and walked over to the shelving unit and took one of Noah's babygrow from the 21st. I picked the 'My mom is a firefighting paramedic' babygrow out and changed Noah into it. I picked him up and walked downstairs to the living room.
"I'll cut the carrots and you do the potatoes I've already put the turkey in" I smiled and but Noah in his bassinette that's in the living room. I turned on the mobile and walked into the kitchen and took some potatoes out and started to cut them.
"So when are we meeting 51?" "10:30 at Molly's and then we are going to see the 21st and then back here for dinner" He walked up and put his hands around my waist and pulled me in "So what was that dream about?" I placed the knife down and turned in his arms "My dad's death" I placed my head on his chest and tears were falling down my face and he grabbed my head and held it on his chest. "Shh it's ok we don't need to talk about it" he moved his hands and I lifted my head and looked at him "Let's open the presents then fishing cutting these" I smiled and wiped the tears away and slipped out of his arms and walked over to the bassinette and picked Noah up and sat on the sofa.
Jay handed me a present with Noah's name on it "Who's this from?" "Maggie" I smiled and handed it back to Jay "You can open it" He opened the present and took it out "Aww look at the elephant" I smiled. I sat on the floor with Noah "Give daddy his present" I took Noah's hands and acted as if he was helping me hold the small box with a hat in it. Jay opened the present "Aww thank you baby" I smiled and handed Noah to Jay and sat back on the sofa "Do the rest later" "I'll do the rest for dinner you go get you and Noah ready" "What are we wearing?" "I think my jeans and a vest with my leather jacket and Noah's little suit" "I'll wear my normal then" I smiled and walked upstairs.
"So little man lets make you look cute" I put Noah on the changing table and changed him into his little shirt and waistcoat. I crouched down and took a diaper and the baby wipes out and changed his diaper. I then put his suit pants and put his hat on the changing table next to him then Jay walked in "You go get changed" I handed Noah to Jay. I walked into our bedroom and jumped in the shower. When I got out I blow-dried my hair and started to curl it. Once I was done I walked into the bedroom and took out my black jeans and a black vest top with a leather jacket and got changed. I walked back into the bathroom and started to do my makeup.