Chapter 17 part 2

Start from the beginning

He stared intensely at me, and I almost blushed in embarrassment. I muttered a sorry, and was about to leave the car when he said, "I'd love to."

I smiled, but didn't turn around, and just nodded. I heard him laugh behind me, so I just exit the truck. It felt good to be back home. Yet again, I'd only been gone a few hours.

It was dark out, the sun was hardly out, basically nonexistent from my view. Certainly it had to be out somewhere.

We walked up to the door, and I opened it. Instantly I was engulfed in a hug. I hugged back, and patted Jer's back to let me go. "Okay, I got it."

"Dammit Gem, you had us worried sick!" he exclaimed.

I took hold of his face in my hands and I selected his face. His lips turned like that of a fish's. "What are you doing?" he asked in a smothered voice.

"You don't look sick to me," I spoke. He smacked my hand away, and I growled.

"This isn't funny! Klaus could've killed you!"

I heard Elijah cough behind me and step forward. "My brother wouldn't hurt her, despite his devious being."

Jer walked up to us, pushed me behind him, and said, "I don't want you to speak for my sister, you've got it?"

My eyes widened at his sudden behavior change. "Jer!"

"Okay, I've heard enough."

I turned to look at my kitchen entrance, and noticed Damon standing there.

"What are you doing here?"

"Waiting for you," he answered. "Elena told me to take you to the Grill after you came home."

"Did she look for me?" I asked hopefully.

Damon smirked and replied, "not even a wink. She said you knew your way home. So should we get going, or are you going to wait for lover boy there?" He pointed at Elijah, who was standing still at arms length of Jer.

"I...let me say Goodnight to him."

I quickly dragged him out of the house, and locked the door behind me. They could hear us, well Damon would probably hear us more, but still saved me from Jer's ears.

"I guess I'll be leaving now."

He walked down the porch stairs, but I followed. "Elijah, wait."

He stopped, and turned to me. I walked up to him, and wrapped my arms around him. I felt him tense, but soon his arms wrapped around myself as well, and I smiled into his chest.

Wen I looked up at him, his head leaned down a bit, which, by now, I knew meant a kiss. I lift my head up at little, and met his lips half way. Those butterflies were still there, that means my feelings for him were not gone.

He pulled away, and the tingling sensation in my lips suddenly took over. Kissable lips.

"Ill see you soon, Gemma."

He left, and I watched like a schoolgirl as he drove off.

My house door opened, and Damon said, "let's go, Elena will have my head if I don't take you soon."

I nodded, and followed him to his car. The whole drive there, my mind was focused on Elijah. It was obvious what I was feeling, I just didn't want to yet admit it. Hell, what if he decides to never want to have anything with me anymore. I'd die of a broken heart.

I was so deep in thought, that when Damon flicked me on my arm, I groaned. "Ow! I still feel pain you asshole."

"I know." You could practically hear the stupid on his voice.