CHAPTER 26

Hannah Towers' POV

I slide my finger on my phone's screen as I continue walking.

“Hi.” I greet him happily.

“Stick to the sidewalk, Hannah.”

“What?” I frown and look around me. Is he watching me right now? I unconsciously strayed a bit far from the sidewalk. I obediently follow his order and move back to the safe side. “Where are you Justin?”

“Far to your right, Hannah.”

I turn around a small corner and glance to my right. I spot him standing a few feet from me leaning on a shiny black Range Rover. Oh, damn. He’s got a new car again.

I hang up and walk over to where he is. He grins at me and opens his car door.
I get in and he seats behind the wheel.

“I haven’t seen Mark for a while.” I comment as soon as he starts driving us off.

“I gave him a vacation.” Justin replies.

“Oh, where are we heading, by the way?”

“To my penthouse.”

“Can I ask what for?”

He takes his eyes off the road and glances at me. “For dinner of course.”

“Oh.” I couldn’t say anything more and minutes later, we arrive at his penthouse. He grabs my hand as we take the elevator. My hand feels so small against his large warm hands.

The elevator door opens and his foyer comes into view. I gasp in surprise. The lights are in a dim mode making up a romantic vibe around the large room. Rose petals and candles are neatly arranged along the floor.

“What the hell is this, Justin?” I whisper and he squeezes my hand. He’s not the type to do these romantic thingy and surely something fishy is going on.

Instead of answering me, he pulls me leading me to the balcony which I didn’t know he had.

A typical round dinner table is set at the center with a large candle and a bouquet of flowers on top of it. A large bottle of expensive wine is also on the table together with two shiny glasses. He lets go of my hand and pulls the seat for me. I seat down still in shock at the view before me.

“Justin, you’re scaring me. What the hell is going on?”

He laughs. “Hannah, relax. We’re just having dinner.”

“Like this?” I waive my hands at the romantic lights hanging above us, the candles and the roses.

“Yes, why not?” he takes the seat across me.“Can't we dine like this?”

I shake my head in unbelief. I want to tell him blatantly that romantic things doesn’t suit him but I keep still as he takes the plate before me and fills it up with food.

He uncorks the bottle and pours on our glasses. He raises his glass and I do the same. After a toast, we start eating while talking about how our day went. He went on rambling about his day at the office while I listen since I haven’t done anything productive today.

We were halfway with the bottle of wine when he excused himself. He picks up his phone and dialed a number before walking away. I sigh. This night was going smoothly not until he picked up that phone. Manners should be intact during dates. Don’t flatter yourself, Hannah. This is not a date. But it seems like it.

Maybe he’s calling the so-called Honeybunch. I roll my eyes and poured more wine to my glass. Way to ruin the evening.

Holding the glass in my hand, I stand up and approach the railings. The night sky is stretched above me as the faint city lights beam in the dark. His balcony is a perfect place to relax and to relieve my stress. The cold wind blows and I close my eyes welcoming its cold gust.

Suddenly I feel somebody’s arms wrap around my waist and a hard chest meets my back. I smell Justin’s scent and the wine.

“Sorry, I had to make a quick call to my secretary. Matters at work.” He explains as he places his chin on my shoulder.

“Oh,” and here I thought he’s calling his Honeybunch. I sip on my wine and say nothing.

He tightens his embrace on my waist and buries his head on my hair. “Is something wrong, Hannah?” he whispers in my hair. “You seem so quiet tonight.”

I chuckle. “Uh, nothing, just… tired, I guess.”
I was about to take another sip of my drink when he grabs my glass from my hands and drinks all its contents.

“What the… Justin, that was mine.” I complain as I turn round to face him. He just smiles down at me and quietly places the glass down at the table.

I pout. “Pour me another glass.”

I look up at him when he didn’t move. His blue eyes are staring right down at me filled with desire. He raises his hand and cups my cheek. I blush, damn it.

He steps nearer to me as his hand snakes to my back and pulls me closer to him that I collide on his tough chest.

He slowly leans his head down and I close my eyes. His warm lips descend on mine as he moves his hand to the back of my head and holds me in place. I can taste the wine in him as his lips move slowly, taking its time as he leisurely posses every inch of my lips. I wrap my hands around his nape and compliantly respond. We seal each other’s lips with passion as his hands start to roam around my curves.

An involuntary moan reverberates from my lips. Gosh, it has only been days since we had an intense pleasurable moment and I’m acting like I was deprived for years. Damn, I never knew I would miss his touch and kisses like this. This is bad, Hannah. This is freaking bad. I shouldn’t feel this way.

But when he pulled away breathing heavily, I felt the need for more. Maybe it’s the wine’s fault.

“I…” Justin looks down. “I’m sorry, Hannah. Are you still bleeding?” he looks up worry painted all over his face.

Damn, I forgot about it. “Uh…” I want to tell him it’s nearly over but I find myself hesitating. I bite my lip.

“But the hell with it. I don’t care.” He gruffly says and captures my lips again in breathtaking kiss but this time with more intensity and passion. His hand presses on the space above my butt and I feel his growing arousal on my belly. Damn.

I feel his kisses becoming wild, fiery and intense. He lifts me up suddenly and I wrap my legs around him as he walks us to his living room.

He lowers me on the sofa while kissing the sensitive skin on my neck. I grasp his shirt as he teasingly licks the hollow between my clavicles. His warm tongue leisurely moves up until it reaches the spot behind my left ear. He playfully nips on my earlobe and I feel the tingling sensations all the way to my core.

“J-Justin…” I moan. I want him to stop but my body is reacting to every touch of his hands and every stroke of his skilled tongue.

His hands fumble with the buttons on my blouse and I found myself helping him.
He pulls away and hastily discards his shirt and I do the same with my blouse. In no time our pile of clothes are lying on the marble floor and our mingled moans fill the room as we reach the cliff of ecstasy.

---