CHAPTER 2

I glance again at her sleeping form beside me and back to the email at my phone's screen then back to her again. She is sleeping comfortably with her bare arms under her head. The white blanket wraps around her naked body.

Last night was so... amazing, more than amazing, the best. I couldn't believe she is a virgin and I got her first. Somehow it makes me feel a bit guilty but at the same time it makes me feel proud and pleased. I had one-night stands with different women before but this is the first time I've done it with a virgin. I feel that there's something about her that I could not comprehend making me interested.

I turn my attention back to the email and it contains her personal details. I never order my personnel to search and obtain profiles of women I had one-night stands with. However, I just woke up and found myself wanting to know more about her. I found her wallet and phone at the backpocket of her jeans and saw her real name. I couldn't understand the feeling but she is the first woman to get my curiosity perked up. Was it her beautiful face, or her perfectly-shaped body, or her virginity I just claimed ? Or something about her?

I debated for a few minutes before sending her name to my personal investigator and after an hour, he sent me an email.

Her profile says her real name is Hannah Towers not Jenny as she had claimed last night. Her parents both died in separate years but she was able to support herself and graduated college. At present, she is working as a home-based tutor for teenagers.

What caught my attention are her bank account details stating how she monthly saved up money then all of a sudden she withdrew it all in two days. There is a short informal note attached in the last part of the email sent to me by my smart investigator after further digging within the short amount of time.

Hannah Towers is constantly receiving death threats from a group of loan sharks. Probable reason: Unpaid borrowed money with increasing interests.

I glance back at her peaceful sleeping face. Who would have thought, a pretty lady like her is shouldering such a large debt? How the hell did she end up going across some loan sharks? How is she coping up with all this? Is this the reason she planned on wasting herself last night?

I should just get up, don my clothes on and disappear like I usually do after one-night stands but here I am, thinking of a plan. A plan I could only think of with great temptation and she will probably refuse but I want to take my chance and do whatever it takes.

****

Hannah Towers' POV

My eyes feel so heavy as soon as I open them and a godlike face greets me.

"John." I whisper faintly. How long has he been watching me sleep? He is already dressed and is sitting across the bed staring down at me.

"Good morning, Hannah." I shiver when I heard my true name. The memories last night were clear: how he approached me and we talked and laughed together, and then... we ended up in this room and... I start to feel disgusted at myself for giving up my virginity to a stranger and now that stranger knows my real name.

I look up to his face and it was emotionless. His lips are set in a tight manner. His eyes void of the emotion last night. What happened to him? He doesn't seem to be the John I met last night. Gone is the playful and flirtatious John. This time he has that unexplainable aura surrounding him.

"I...I-Im sorry..." I cover myself with the duvet and sit up but I can't seem to find my voice to continue and apologize to him for lying about my name.

"Hannah Towers, aged twenty-five, an orphan, and a home-based tutor." He narrates details about me in a taunting voice. I stare at him and notice his hand holding my wallet with my identification card in it. I look down and stare at my fingers trying to make up some excuses.