16. Pleasant Encounter!

Ayaan's POV

"Ayaan! You are not getting up from there!" Mom exclaimed as she saw me getting up from my chair.

Oh no! Mom would never change! Why does she always need to show her love in the form of food?!

"Maa... I had enough breakfast... Please Mujhe chod do (Leave me) I can't send anything more into my stomach." I chided while dad gave a sheepish grin, seeing my helpless situation.

"Keep quiet and eat what I give... Look at you, it's been only a month you've been in Sri Lanka but you've lost weight!" She said as she served me some more noodles on my plate.

Lost weight!! Why do all mothers say the same dialogue when their child returns back from abroad!

"Maa... Do I look like I've lost weight?? In fact I have put on weight because I couldn't go to gym for the past whole month, I thought I should join one there soon... And here you are feeding me more food!" I said bit annoyed.

"Acha... That's good... As you have decided to join gym... Eat much as possible now and burn fat once you return back!" She said while serving food for herself and took a seat beside dad.

I was left dumbfounded... Dad laughed and said,"Listen to your mom beta... After all she's got a point!"

No sooner he said that, mom served some more noodles for his plate as well.

It was my turn to laugh at him...

"Aap bhi (You too)!" I said and winked at him.

"Mr. Kevin was praising about you yesterday." Dad said after a while.

"But kyu (why) dad?" I asked inquisitive.

"About the sponsorship idea of yours..!" He said.

"What's there to praise in they dad? I mean it's just a simple strategy." I said as I put a spoonful of noodles into my mouth.

"I know... But you it's risky as well... If the outcome didn't turn out the way as we expected then it would have been a great loss!" He said to which I nodded.

"Maybe dad... But I was sure about my plan and unexpectedly we even got a contract signed with a highly reputed school to organize their events!" I said.

"That's true... Maybe luck was with you on that day." He said.

I smiled inward knowing what was my luck rather who was my luck.

"Okay... Done both Papa and Son?!" Maa asked looking both of us.

Papa and I looked at each other in question.

"I mean you'll even remember that I am also present here? You just start you business conversation even in the breakfast table..." Mom sighed.

I and Dad smiled, knowing the reason for her statement.

Actually yesterday dad and I was bit busy finalizing the details of presentation during breakfast...And we literally had  ignored mom due to that,We even didn't have proper breakfast... So mom is bit upset with that.

"Maa... You right, yesterday's situation was different... We had our Annual General Meeting... So stress Tu hojati haina ( We get bit stressed nah)... Sorry again for that." I said trying to put on the best innocent expression.

"Yeah... Aage se (Now onwards) we won't discuss... You tell whatever you want to tell... We'll do as you say." Dad joined along with me.

Mom smiled dangerously at us and said," Okay, that's so sweet of you'll..."