9. Unexpected!

Zoya's POV

"Are we the only teachers in charge today?" I asked Jannah who was busy typing something on her phone.

"Well... If you are asking for the decoration stuff then it is a yes and if you are asking about rehearsals then it's a no because all the teachers are asked to be present for the final rehearsals... " She said still typing.

"Okay..." I said and asked "But what are you typing for long?"

"Some reminders for the parents... You know that they might forget some things out of excitement." She said in rather a dramatic way.

"All the best with that!" I wished her luck and asked,"Btw at what time will they come?"

"Who?"

"The company folks? Who else?" I asked.

"Oh them... They'll be here exactly in another 45 minutes." She said looking at her watch and continued typing on her phone while just nodded.

"So, what shall we do until they come?" She asked after a while, after finishing her reminder work.

"Well... I was about to have a nap as you were busy..."

"Zo!" She said rolling her eyes.

"Okay... Let's have chat... Waise bhi (Anyway) what else could we do?" I said.

"Okay... Let me start... So, what would you wearing for the function tomorrow?" She asked.

"What kind of a question was that?" I asked shaking my head, "Obviously, I would wear an Abaya and wrap my hijab."

"Oh buddu,(dumb) I know that but what colour is your hijab?"

"Seeda Nahi pooch Sakti tum (Why can't you ask that clearly?)... Well I'll be wearing a butterfly styled Abaya and a red and peach coloured shawl... Well that colour would go with our theme of the decorations... I even told Faadila and Falaq to wear the same colour... Thought of telling you today." I said.

"Really? So everything was preplanned hah..." She exclaimed while I just shrugged as if I don't know anything.

"You know what... You seem like Mr. Khan... Unpredictable!" She said.

"Mr. Khan? What do you mean by that?" I asked puzzled.

"Why do you look like that... Mr. Khan, CEO of Khan Enterprises... The sponsor of our event." She said.

"You didn't have anyone else to compare?" I asked.

"Nope... Agar Hoti to compare karleti (if so I would have compared nah)". She said bluntly to which I shrugged.

I don't know what did she see in that non mehram to compare myself with him.

"By the way... Can I tell you something?"

"If I say don't would you not tell?" I asked back.

She shook her head in negative. I knew it!

"Well I wanted to tell how I felt when you left me alone along with your responsibilities..." She started.

Not a good sign! My mind warned me.

"At first when I ma'am told to meet Mr. Khan I got damn nervous... You know nah that I'm not used to talking to strangers... And when I saw him aur bhi ziyada nervous hogai Mai ( I become more nervous). "

"Why? Did he looked like a ghost or something?" I asked grinning.

"No idiot... He was young, cute, optimistic and most importantly he was freaking handsome..." She squealed.