12. Crossing Paths.

Zoya's POV

"So how was the Welcoming function?" Vikram asked while we were having tea in the evening.

"It was amazing except for Hakeem Bhaiya's bickering." I said as I sat on the staircase and narrated all what happened at school including how Hakeem bhaiya threw tantrum after his speech and how I had to say the truth and console him.

Vikram and Karan laughed hearing to the latter of my story.

"You nearly gave that poor fellow a heart attack doll." Karan said in between his laughter.

"Yeah... Who would love to give speech  after such a sudden announcement." Vikram joined with Karan.

"Shut up guys... Whatever I did was for a good cause!" I defended myself.

"Of course, who said not... You could have informed him before hand nah?"

"Vikram... If I would have told him earlier he would definitely say a very big NO!"

"Okay Gudiya(Doll) ... We agree with you!" Both of them said.

Vikram and Karan became my good friends, in fact they became more like my brothers to whom I could share anything. They could understand me more than anyone else. I always wished that I had an elder brother and after these two came I feel like Allah answered my prayers through their form.

"Hey!" Karan snapped his fingers at me breaking my chain of thoughts.

"Where were you lost?" Vikram asked.

"Nothing I was just thinking.." I said.

"About your would-be?!" Karan asked sarcastically.

"Nope about your would-be!" I snapped.

"Oh really? But sorry to say I'm not interested in getting married." He said.

"Neither am I!" I said.

Now let me tell You'll one thing before I forget, within these five days after the arrival of Vikram and Karan in our house we got to about each other very little But I can say one thing clearly, Vikram and I think alike while Karan and Myself are the total opposites. Most of the time we end up in arguments due to our mismatching thoughts.

"Okay guys... Please hah don't start-!" Vikram said sensing that we might get into an argument.

"I didn't start, He was the one!" I said pointing at Karan.

"Yeah... You didn't keep quiet either... Did you?" Karan asked back.

"Guys! Stop it alright... Doll tell me what were you thinking?" Vikram asked interfering.

"Well Vikram... I was thinking to say thank you to both of you." I said looking at Vikram and Karan.

"Thank you?!" Karan retorted sarcastically.

"Ha, You heard it right. I want to really thank both of you." I said in a serious tone.

"Kya hua (What happened) Doll... Why did you become serious all of a sudden?" Vikram asked kindly.

"It's something important - Thank you for understanding me both of you." I said.

"Gudiya... Why do say thank you for understanding, we are your Uncles it's our duty." Karan said getting emotional.

"I know, But you know something- Most of the people are unable to understand me you know?" I remarked.

"Actually most of the people call me Firecracker because I get angry soon." I said with a wry smile.