xi. Days 8, 9 & 10

Bắt đầu từ đầu

When she calls for the second time, Kongpob answers the call, "Hi," Kongpob greets not bothering to keep the monotonous tone to himself.

"Kong, hey! I was calling you earlier but your line was always busy."

Kongpob can't offer a good explanation to her so he just settles with, "Sorry." He didn't want to lie to Samorn but he also didn't want to tell her the truth.

"It's fine..." Samorn seems to be thinking of a new topic but Kongpob just wants to end the call because what if Arthit is already calling, he can't know that because Samorn is still talking to him. "So, have you eaten already?"

"Yeah, I was about to sleep actually."

"Oh, sorry, I hope I'm not disrupting anything?" Kongpob knows Samorn too well that he's sure she wants to say something but Kongpob is not in the mood.

Back then, Kongpob remembered trying to be awake in the wee hours of the night laughing with Samorn talking about random topics, but now, Kongpob can't even force himself to ask how Samorn's day went.

Kongpob sighs, "Sam, I'm really sleepy, can we continue talking tomorrow?"

"O-okay. Sweet dreams, Kong. I love you babe."

Kongpob hums and ends the call, whispering, "Love you too."

Kongpob quickly ends the call and curses to himself when he finds no missed calls from the older so he leaves several messages to Arthit before he sleeps.

/

Day 9.

Still uneventful. Still no sign from Arthit even with the hundreds of texts and calls he left. Kongpob is frustrated, sure he understands that Arthit can't use his phone because he's sick but all Kongpob is asking for is just one single message from him, that he's still breathing fine. Is that too much to give?

He grits his teeth as he dials the number he's already memorized like the back of his hand, "P', please, Sed told me you're sick, please call back, please? I'm really worried about you."

Kongpob has also been walking outside in hopes of seeing Irish to ask her of where Arthit is currently staying at. One of his mistakes, actually, one week of talking to Arthit and he didn't bother to ask him where he lives and it's not like he can ask every hotel here for someone named Arthit. But he regains the glimmer of hope he has when he sees Faye.

"Faye! Do you remember me? I'm Kongpob-"

"Arthit's ex-boyfriend, yeah I remember you."

"So I just want to ask, do you think you can give me the place where P'Arthit currently stays at? I know you're Irish's girlfriend and you're also friends with him so if you could just-"

"Kongpob, I don't want to be involved in whatever is happening between you and Arthit, especially if he's avoiding you."

Kongpob tilts his head, springing up that idea again might not be a good thing, just as he deluded himself into cementing a far less hurtful assumption, Faye happened, "He's avoiding me? Did he say why?"

Faye only smiles, "Did he?"

"What?"

"I'm going Kongpob, bye. Send my regards to your fiancée." Faye pats him on the back and calmly walks away. Kongpob lets her be, he's not getting anything from Faye anyway.

Though technically, he did get something from Faye. He got the scathing proof that Arthit is indeed ignoring him.

Kongpob wasn't able to concentrate on his food at lunch because his mind was preoccupied with new reasons which would prompt Arthit to ignore him. After eating, he almost puked it all when he runs as quickly as possible towards his bed when he hears his phone ringing. He hopes it was Arthit realizing Kongpob is out here all worrying for him but Kongpob feels dread in him seeing Samorn's caller ID.