Three

Tartaurus looked at him, turned  to me, and said, "Sorry."

And flashed away.

Asshole.

I looked back at  Ouranos, to see that he had dropped the furious expression. Instead was a grin that reminded me of my dad in a good  mood. I have to admit, it confused me.

"Hello, Assassin God." I jumped about a foot into the air. I spun around searching for whoever had sneaked up on me before I remembered that some Primordials can use telepathy and face-palmed myself for forgetting. Mind linkiing is different, because you can only access the minds of one or two other people. "I take it you are here to take the title of Hidden Spirit?" Ouranos asked.

I closed my eyes and focused on mind-linking with him. "Yes, Lo-"

"Don't even thiink of addiing honorifics. My grandson is, I regret to say, an arrogant and pompous fool," he said.

I breathed out a sigh of relief. "Thank Chaos. I am so glad I don't have to deal with two of Zeus. One is annoying enough. May I ask why you seemed to be so angry when you first saw me and Tartaurus?"

He smiled. "I was less than pleased with what happened to my wifes mind. It took thirty years to get her even semi-sane again. Turns out something else had told her to rise again. You freed her mind, and for that I am grateful."

I smiled back. He seemed like a pretty nice guy, all in all. "So... How  does one actually go around doing this? The 'becoming the Hidden Spirit' thing?"

He grinned. "You have to be able to pass three tests, they're all pretty short thankfully for you. Because, as I recall, you are the new Guardian of the Hunt, correct?" I paled. I come back, she is going to kill me. "Yes, I am correct. Now then. The first test is simple. Answer a question." I blinked. "From the Sphinx."

"Oh. I knew it was too simple. Where is the overgrown bird?"

He smirked. "Look behind you."

I turned to see her and the The Sphinx glared at me, knowing that  if I answered correctly, she would die permanently. I gestured for her to ask her question. "What happened twenty years ago?"

I laughed. "Old Boreas, Primordial of mountains got pissed off, found out that the slayer of his sister wasn't bound by ancient laws, and ran away again."

POP! Goes the Sphinx head!

I turned back to Ouranos to find him next to a table with three weapons on it. "Next, you have to figure out which weapon would be best in different scenarios."

"OK."

"First, you are fighting a horse-like monster. What  weapon do you choose?" I looked at the weapons available, to see a spear, a sword, and a staff.

I picked up each one, before settling on the spear. Unlike the other two, this one seemed to be giving off a light. I handed it to Ouranos who nodded. "Good. Next, you have  tgwo enemies, one on either side of you. Both are using clubs. Which oine do you choose?" I  immediately picked up the staff, which was the one that gave off light this time. "Excellent! Finally, you are challenged to a duel against two opponents, one at a time. Which do you choose?" I gave him the sword before he had even finished his sentence. His jaw fell. "No one has gotten them all right. How did you..?"

I shrugged, "I don't know. I just watched for whichever one was glowing."

He paled. "Oh. Now I know why Chaos wants you to be the Hidden Spirit. You apparently also gained the Blood Weapon Blessing."

I frowned. "The Blood what?" I was confused obviously.

He took a shaky breath. "The Blood Weapon Blessing. It's a hereditary blessing passed down in the children of the Sea. It allows you to immediately know which weapon is best in a certain event. And if you're powerful enough, which you are now, allows you to summon a weapon made from blood."