Eight

Family Torn part 3 (final)

Elle POV

After being forced my the team, mainly David. I was sent home to rest up. My work phone rang and I shot out of bed and calmed my breathing before answering.

"Agent Ember speaking." I greet as I get out of bed and start up my Keurig machine. "Good morning, Elle. We need you back at the office." Rossi's voice filled my ears and I smiled.

"I'll be right there. I hope you slept well, David." I hung up the phone and pulled on some black ripped skinny jeans and a black tank top. 

I throw a white-knit sweater over my shoulders and grab my coffee and things before heading down stairs and walking to the train station.

It took about 30 minutes to get to the office and once I was there everyone was already there and working in the conference room.

"Damn, am I late? The train was late today." I mumble an apology and stand beside Rossi. "What is the new information we have?" I ask and pick up a file.

"Garcia looked into the child services worker and found it to be the same person. His name is Erik Carson." Reid spoke up as I read the file.

"Yeah, he fits the profile almost perfectly and lives almost perfectly in between Amy's school and home. Do we have a warrant yet?" I ask and Garcia came into the room.

"We do, now got get this son of a bitch my crime fighters." I smile and give Garcia a quick hug. In less than an hour we are at Erik Carson's house.

JJ and I go through the front while Derek and Reid go through the side door and Rossi, Hotch and Emily go through the back.

We search the house and I find a hidden door in the wall. "Guys! Over here!" Right as the words leave my mouth I hear the little girl scream.

Derek kicks down the door and I enter first. I see Erik Carson strangling Amy Brosolf and shoot him in the back of the head.

I gasp as he fell over and my hands begin to shake. Emily ran to the little girl and JJ called for the paramedics.

I couldn't tear my eyes away from the unsub's lifeless body and I let my hands fall to my side. I slowly Put my gun into my waist band. 

"Doll? Ember are you alright?" Rossi's voice was a little distorted and I felt like I was gonna vomit. "I-I need some fresh air." I whisper and Rossi put his gun in his holster.

He took my hand and tried to lead me out of the room but I couldn't move my legs. I couldn't get them to work, I just kept starring at the lifeless body on the ground.

Suddenly I am picked up and I snap out of it. Wrapping my arms around Rossi's neck, I sob quietly into his chest.

He carried me out of the house and into the car. "Breath for me, Elle. Just breathe in and out. Can you do that for me?" Rossi's voice was soft and calm.

I whimpered and nod. Taking deep breaths I manage to calm myself down to the point of talking. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to freeze up like that..." I admit.

Rossi rubbed my shoulder and gave me a hug. "It was your first time killing someone. If you hadn't shot him then that little girl would have died." He explained.

I nod softly and lay my head on his shoulder. "I'm ready for our day off now." I mumble softly and he chuckled.

After every case we have one day off to recuperate and all I want is to spend it with David and cuddle while watching animated children's movies.

"Can we hang out tomorrow? Like maybe go to your house and just hang out?" I look into Rossi's eyes and he grinned. "I would love to, Doll." I smile and the team all got in the cars.

We got back to the office and I got to my desk and began working on my paperwork. I was use to doing paperwork due to school so I finished with it pretty quick.

I decided to head up to Rossi's office and everyone on the way stopped to ask if I was okay. I told them I was fine and thanked them all for being so nice to me.

I eventually got to Rossi's office and knocked on the door. "Come in." His voice was slightly muffled but it still had the sexy rasp to it that I loved so much.

"Hey, I was wondering if you could drive me home after you finish with your paperwork? If not it's okay, I can just take the train." I quickly add the last part and he grinned.

"Just chill on the couch. I am almost finished, and if you want. We can stop at your place and get you some clothes and Maggie and head to my house." I smile and nod.

"I would love too." I tell him and give him a kiss before heading to the couch and laying down to wait for him to finish his paper work.

About 15 minutes pasted before he finished and we grabbed out stuff and headed to his car. Derek wolf whistled as we left and I flipped him off.

This made David laugh and we headed to my apartment. He picked me up bridal style and I squealed softly.

He stepped into the elevator and I clutched onto his shirt and squeezed my eyes close. "It's okay, love. I am right here." David whispered in my ear and I blushed softly.

When the elevator dinged Rossi stepped out and set me down. I grabbed his hand and puled him to my apartment. As I opened the door something fell down.

I picked it up and read it out loud. "Eviction notice!? They are turning my apartment building into condos!" I groaned and tossed it onto the table before heading to my room.

Rossi followed behind me and chuckled at my room. I blush lightly and throw and fluffy light purple pillow at him.

He caught it and smiled at me. "It's cute. Just like the girl and sleeps in it." I blush heavily and throw another pillow at him before unpacking my go bag and repacking it with the essentials.

"Alright, Maggie! C'mon girl!!" Maggie bounded into me causing me to fall. Rossi tried to catch me but ended up falling on top of me. We landed on my bed and he had me pinned down.