CHAPTER 5

Chapter 5 (Chriselda)

I took out my clothes and saw the suit of ‘Eric’ and caught a scent of cologne. I guess I can see who bought this suit.

The next day I went to the gallery like I always do and in the afternoon I stopped by Men’s Wearhouse.

          “May I help you?” The sales man asked me.

          “Oh, um may I ask if you know who bought this suit, do you keep records?” I asked.

          “I’m sorry dear but we don’t. But this suit is from here.” He said.

          “Ok. Thanks.” I said with a smile.

          “Hey Betty, oh I mean Chris. Old habits die hard.” Christian slowly walked towards me.

          “Why are you here?” I asked.

          “Isn’t it obvious? I’m buying a suit.” He said.

          “Oh ok, I’m leaving anyway.” I waved my hand.

 “Hold it Chris, I need help choosing.” He said.

“Ok, I’ll help you if you help me.” I bargained.

“Fine.” He agreed.

For thirty minutes he tried out some suits while I nod and shake my head. Without me knowing I fell asleep. Christian woke me up.

          “What do you want me to help you out with?” He asked.

          “Give me your number and I’ll tell you tomorrow.” I said giving my phone so he could save his number.

          “Oh ok good enough.” He shrugged.

          “Let me take you home.” He suggested.

We went out the store and led me to his motorcycle.

          “Cool, a bike. Never rode one before.” I admitted.

          “Good, wear this.” He said giving me his helmet.

          “Wait, this is yours.” I said giving it back.

          “No, you’re the girl here ok. And if something happens to you, it’ll be my responsibility.” He pushed it back to me.

So he is something after all. In the different way though.

          “C’mon now.” He said riding his bike.

I did as he said and rode behind him holding his waist. But then his bike moved faster so I hugged him afraid that I might fall. I pointed where to turn and he followed.

It was the cold of December and ices are starting to form. And it is cold. Christian pulled over in front of my place so I got off and he got off too.

“Thanks,” I said walking away.

Christian started following me behind my back so I told him, “I can walk alone ok?”

“I have to follow you.” He said.

“No you don’t, I can take care of my- Aah!” I was surprise that I was suddenly in his arms because I slept on a stupid ice. He was staring at me and smiling that arrogant smile.

“I told you I had to because you are still wearing my helmet. Plus I am glad to catch you or it will hurt big time.” He said then let me stand up.

“Here. Thanks again.” I said and went quickly inside my house. Oh! I forgot Shelby.

I forgot to pick up my dog! I guess I’ll have to go there tomorrow.