CHAPTER 3

Chapter 3 (Chriselda)

The next day I woke up in bed. Whose bed is this? I sat up and found out it was mine. How did I get here? I looked around and saw my mask on the table with a folded paper.

The next time these things happen to you, stand up and stand up for yourself. And if you can’t I’ll always be there to help out. One day you’ll see the real me but not now and I want you to be ready when that day comes.

-Your Friend

Now I remember! Andrew and I broke up and a guy came to talk to me. And did he carry me? Yeah I guess he did. I owe him so much but I didn’t get his name. He did leave me his suit. I took it off and looked at the tag. It says it’s from the Men’s Wearhouse in New York. He’s from New York? Or did he go there? I don’t know.

I took out a pair of jeans, a blouse, a pair of socks, and my jockeys then went to the shower. After a bath I put on my clothes and packed my things into my suitcase including the suit ‘Eric’ (The name of the Phantom in the ‘Phantom of the Opera’) gave me. And so I went out to check out.

“Thank you for staying here at the Palace Hotel.” The girl on the front desk said.

“Thank you too.” I said smiling and turned around bumping on someone’s chest.

“Oh, sorry.” I  said looking at the guy. YOU!

          “Hi there Betty! Oh, wait you no longer have braces. Which is good.” Christian said.

          “Hi, Palmer, I was just leaving so bye bye.” I smiled a glum smile.

Christian Palmer was my number one bully in high school and the first to humiliate me in class. He has those beautiful eyes though. It made him so popular because he has the most beautiful eyes due to Heterochromia giving him the color of aqua blue with shades of amber and hazel surrounding his pupils then black out lines around his irises. Most cases like this covers only one eye but he got both. Also he is the MVP in basketball. His height 6, nice broad shoulder, strong jaw, firm chest and very handsome, I had a crush on him but I hated him soon enough.

          “Hey, don’t go yet. Wait for me.” He said putting his arm on my shoulder. I took it off.

          “Hold it! I’m leaving, so buzz off.” I warned.

          “Where are you going?” He urged walking next me.

          “Home.” I said.

          “Where’s your boyfriend?” He reminded me of my bad memory.

          “We’re done ok? Happy?” I said widening my eyes.

          “Yup. I’m glad you left him and he left you.”

          “Watch it.” I shot a warning look.

          “What? He is a jerk you know,” He said it like he knew what happened.

          “Whatever.” I shook my head in disbelief.

I took a cab, loaded my suitcase and got in. Before I closed the door, Christian Palmer is already in the front seat of the cab.

          “Hey! Why are you here?” I asked in disbelief.

          “Don’t worry I’ll pay. To the airport please.” He ordered.

We sat there silently without any word at all. We arrived at the airport eventually, I tried unloading my bag but Palmer got it first.

“Thanks.” I said.

“No problem.” He said with an arrogant smile.

We booked our flight back to New York and guess what? We have the same flight same plane. There we wait still not talking to him.

After an hour it’s time to go and I found my seat by the window no one next me. I guess Andrew left immediately after our fight. So without anyone to talk to I just took a nap listening to music.