Harry swallowed his mouthful of chocolate and leapt to his feet once again.

"Professor! Sirius Black, he–"

"For heaven's sake!" said Madam Pomfrey, hysterically, "is this a Hospital Wing or not? Headmaster, I must insist—"

"My apologies, Poppy, but I need a word with Mr. Potter and Miss Granger," Dumbledore said calmly, "I have just talking to Sirius Black."

"Oh! Professor, you believe him don't you? He told you about Pettigrew?" Hermione pleaded.

Dumbledore held up his hand to silence the girl, "I would like to speak to Harry and Hermione alone, Poppy, please leave us."

"Headmaster!" Spluttered Madam Pomfrey, "their treatment! They need rest!"

"I must insist Poppy," Dumbledore said, "I'm afraid this cannot wait."

Madam Pomfrey pursed her lips and strode furiously into her office, slamming the door with a resounding 'Bang'.

"Now," Dumbledore sighed and turned to face Harry and Hermione who both broke out into speech.   

"Professor, Black's innocent!"  

"We're telling the truth!" 

"Ron's rat was Pettigrew!"

"He escaped when Lupin turned into a werewolf!"

"His front paw!"

Dumbledore held up his hand and Harry and Hermione fell silent.

"Mr. Malfoy you may come out now," he said, looking past Harry's shoulder with a twinkle in his eye.

Harry and Hermione spun around, in the corner of the Hospital Wing, Draco Malfoy stood with wide eyes, clutching the invisibility cloak in his hands.

Hermione shrieked and covered her mouth with her hands. "What's Malfoy doing here! Harry! Why does he have your cloak." She looked at the raven-headed boy but he didn't share her shocked expression. Instead, a grin had broken out across his face.

"You just couldn't help yourself, could you?" He laughed, beckoning the blond over.

"Good evening, Granger," Draco smirked coming to stand beside Harry's bed.

"Can somebody tell me what is going on?" Hermione asked, her eyes flashing from Dumbledore to Harry.

"Later," Dumbledore dismissed her, "it is your turn to listen and I beg you don't interrupt me, for there is very little time." He said quietly. "There is not a shred of evidence to support Black's story, except your word, and the word of two thirteen year olds will not convince anyone. A street full of eye-witnesses swore they saw Sirius Black murder Peter Pettigrew. I myself gave evidence to the Ministry that Sirius had been the Potter's secret keeper."

"Professor Lupin can tell you—" Harry said, unable to control himself. Draco shot him a glare that very clearly meant 'shut up'.

"Professor Lupin is currently deep in the forest, unable to tell anyone anything. By the time he is human again, it will be too late. Sirius will be worse then dead. I might add that werewolves are so mistrusted in our society that his support will count for very little, and the fact that he and Sirius are old friends—"

"But—"

"Listen to me Harry, It's too late, do you understand? Nothing we can do or say now will help. Sirius has not acted like an innocent man, the attack on the Fat Lady, entering Gryffindor tower with a knife, we have no chance at overturning Sirius's sentence with word alone."

"But you believe us?" Hermione asked hopefully.

"Yes, I do," Dumbledore said, "but I have no power to make others see the truth or overrule the Ministry."

Harry felt like the world was dropping out from underneath him. He had become so accustomed to the idea Dumbledore could solve anything. He had expected Dumbledore to pull some crazy solution out of the air...but no. That hadn't happened and Harry's last hope was gone.

"What we need," Dumbledore said slowly, his blue eyes focused intently on Hermione, "is more time."

Hermione's eyes were as wide as saucers, Harry watched the silent exchange between Dumbledore and Hermione with confusion. He was definitely missing something, he looked over to Draco who shrugged, he didn't know either.

"Now, pay attention," Dumbledore spoke very low and very clear. "Sirius is locked in Professor Flitwick's office on the seventh floor. Thirteenth window from the right of the West Tower. If all goes well, you'll be able to save more than one innocent life tonight. But remember this, all of you. You must not be seen. Miss Granger, you know the law, what is at stake, you must not be seen."

Harry still didn't have the slightest clue what was going on. Dumbledore had turned on his heel and looked back as he reached the door.

"I'm going to lock you in. It is—" he looked down at his watch, "five minutes to midnight. Miss Granger, three turns should do it. Good luck."

"Good luck?" Draco repeated.

"Three turns?" Harry scratched his head. "What is he talking about? What're we supposed to do?"

But Hermione was fumbling with the collar of her torn robes. She pulled a very long, very fine gold chain from underneath.

"Harry, come here," she said urgently, "quick!"

Harry grabbed Draco by the wrist and dragged him over to the brunette.

Hermione was now holding out the chain and Harry saw a small, sparkling hourglass hanging from it.

"A Time-Turner!" Draco gasped as Hermione draped the necklace around the three of them.

"Ready?" She breathed.

"What're we doing?" Asked Harry, completely lost.

"Ready." Draco answered, clutching the invisibility cloak in his hands.

Hermione turned the hourglass over three times.

Harry had the sensation he was flying, very fast, backwards. Colors and shapes blurred as they passed him, his ears were pounding. Harry tried to yell but couldn't hear his own voice.

And then there was solid ground beneath his feet and everything came into focus again. He was standing in between Hermione and Draco in the deserted Entrance Hall, a stream of sunlight was coming in through the open doors. Harry looked wildly around at Hermione. The girl was hastily shoving the necklace back into her shirt, Harry hadn't even noticed her taking it off him.

"Hermione, what—"Harry started but she had grabbed Harry, who in turn, grabbed Draco, and dragged them down the hall.

She opened the door to a broom closet and shoved the boys inside, followed, and then slammed the door behind them.

"What happened? Where are we?" Harry asked, trying to keep the panic out of his voice.

"We've gone back in time." Draco smirked.