I tried to fight it but Carter was my second favorite craving. And he has no complaints.

I also took notice of my outer features were changing. My hair grew back a little faster than expected. It was more lustrous and soft. Even in it's freshly washed natural state. My skin was glowing which was since I first found out I was pregnant and even when Carter told me. My glow just stuck with me and I don't have to many breakouts.

But I do have stretch marks.

The more the baby grows, the more lines I see. I know it would make some women insecure or another type of way but not me. I think of them as nice designed tiger stripes.

Grrr or roar.

Besides, I had stretch marks way before I was pregnant so it's nothing new.

And what makes it sweeter is how Carter tells me I'm forever beautiful with them. God knows I love him deeply, body and soul, for that.

"Babe." He says, drawing me back to the present.

I sighed. "I honestly don't know. Especially about Troy."

"It's your decision." Carter urged.

"I'll talk to Troy." Perhaps having a heart to heart conversation with him might give me a suggestion on what to do with her.

He nods and silence falls upon us once again. It was comfortable but I wanted to talk about other things.

"Carter?"

He hums in response.

"What would it mean if we have daughter?"

He exhaled a breath and rubs my stomach. "She will be many things. Most of all, she'll grow to be a strong lionhearted young woman."

I smiled at the thought. I turned to face him and his face was soft as if picturing a little girl.

"And a son?"

His face did a complete turn. It was more serious and his jaw clenched. He was quiet for a long time and I swallowed, getting nervous now.

"Y-You don't want to have a son?" I queried worried now.

His eyes met mine and it softens quickly when he noticed my facial expression. "No, that's..." He stops himself, exhaling another breath. "There's a lot coming if we do have a boy." His voice was low.

"What is it?"

"It's always been this way. Me, my father, my father's father, and his. If we have a boy, he is expected to follow in my...in my footsteps and taking over."

I blinked. So, everything that Amelia said was true.

I shook my head. I don't want any of our children involved in this crazy life. I wanted them to grow up and discover what they want to be when their older.

"And the expectations of having a daughter? Will you marry her off?"

His silence was answer enough.

I took a step back. Collecting and processing. Running fingers through my hair, looked at Carter with disbelief.

"I don't want that for our baby." I said, my voice coming off stronger than I meant it too but I was serious.

"I don't either." He murmurs.

"I want he or she to have a chance of figuring out what they want to be and if it happens to follow in your footsteps then....I have no choice but support and the benefits of doubt." I spoke in honesty.