"I mean, I can't deny that it's weird, it feels like a part of me is gone, which I guess is what happened. But Finn has been trying to convince me to train kids like Luke did, just without the ending he had, I just don't think I can bring myself to do it." She sighs out, looking at me as we walk through town.

"All I can say, I think you have a passion for being Jedi, and I think you would be an amazing teacher. Teaching you with Leia was amazing, but at this point in my life being a Jedi is not the highest of my priorities. I think that you should, and learn from the teachers before you, don't react the way Luke did and maybe don't kill them like Anakin did." I tell Rey as we walk in our house, not mentioning it further. 

-----

We spent the rest of the night catching up with each other, reminiscing on old stories from our childhood and even from just a year ago, it's funny being the only sober one in a group, Finn and Poe especially had a good amount to drink.

Poe was standing in the middle of room we were sitting in, dancing to nothing in particular, all of us cheering him on. He makes eye contact with me and gives me a drunk smirk as he starts to grind on me, causing me to burst into laughter at his horrible dancing and causing Jess to scream and cover her eyes. 

"Poe your child is in the room!" Connix yells at him, throwing a pillow at him, and he stops and lays on the ground and continues to laugh to himself. 

"I think I need to get this comedian to bed, we showed you your rooms earlier right?" I said to the others they nod and stumble to their rooms.

"Are we going to bed now? That's no fun." Poe laughs as he gets up, "Yeah, but I need to sleep so our baby can sleep." I say and his eyes grow wide, "Oh shit you're right." He says, falling for my trick as he runs to our room, me following in laughter.

Almost as soon as I am in the room Poe is already in bed, nearly ready to pass out. Once I get ready for bed and get under the covers Poe is snoring up a storm on his side of the bed, I turn off my lamp and kiss his stubbly jaw. Once I get settled I feel Poe's heavy arm fall over my body, falling asleep just as fast as Poe, with a smile on my face. 

-----

The baby shower was beautiful, yellow decorations were set up all throughout our back yard thanks to my mom, who got here early this morning. Family friends were scattered all around the yard along with our closest friends. 

As I stand alone, taking all of this in, I feel Poe stand next to me, placing his hand on my lower back. "This is pretty surreal right?" He whispers into my ear and I smile at him, nodding.

"This baby is going to be the most loved baby in the galaxy." I say and Poe laughs.

"Oh for sureee, especially with me as their dad. Also imagine how adorable this kid is going to be, with my looks and your personality..." He jokes and I nudge him with me hip.

"Watch it Dameron, you're talking to a 38 week pregnant Jedi, my power has probably never been seen before." I say and Poe puts him hands up defensively and puts a kiss on my forehead.

"Princess nothing is stronger than the hangover I have right now." He jokes and I break into laughter, believing him. 

We are interrupted by my mom getting everyones attention at the front of the party. "Oh no." I whisper to Poe and he just puts a finger to his lips. 

"Hello everybody, thank you so much for coming, it feels so crazy that I am at my own daughter's baby shower, she still seems like a little girl to me. I am sure she is nervous right now because I didn't tell her there would be any talking and anytime I have stand up in front of a crowd of her friends, her stress levels spike." She pauses and everyone laughs, and I roll my eyes at her because she is true.

"And lucky for her, I won't talk much longer, I'll give the attention to the cause of all of this. Mr. Poe Dameron." She says and I give a surprised look to Poe, not knowing he was doing any of this.

"Thank you your majesty for the introduction and thank you all for being here to celebrate Elise and I's (mainly Elise's) journey to parenthood. As many of you know, Elise and I have a pretty amazing story, and if you were to tell either of us 2 years ago that we would be here I'm pretty sure both of us would've had a panic attack." He says, sending a laugh through the crowd and especially to me.

"Elise is the only person in the galaxy I could ever dream about doing this with, she is an amazing partner and I know she is somehow going to be an even better mother. When I first met her she was a sassy 17 year old girl who was annoyed by my arrogant attitude and now she is a sassy 22 year old who is less annoyed by my less arrogant attitude." He says looking at me and I give him an unsure look, causing others to look.

"Okay well maybe that's a little bit of a stretch, but all I wanted to make sure I say is that I am so proud of you for going through this and for going through this with me, I love you more than words can express and if this kid has a fraction of your smile, darling that would be enough. Also you told me a few weeks ago to randomly surprise you with the gender of our kid when you weren't expecting, so here I am to tell you that we are having a little girl." He says and my hands immediately go to my face in shock as everyone cheered for us. 

I jump up and down in happiness and go run into Poe's arms and give him a huge hug, everyone wooing around us. People start to go back to their conversations as Jess and the others come up to us, Jess basically tackling me out of happiness. 

"Now you can for sure name her jess!" She says, causing all of us to laugh, "I don't know why you always laugh, I am dead serious." She says while looking at everyone in the friend group. 

Throughout the rest of the night people are coming up to Poe and I, congratulating us and telling us some story about either of us or our parents that we had never heard before. And I can't help but feel nervous as I realize how close all of this is, soon enough Poe and I are going to have a tiny little girl in our arms.

AN: Wow the story is almost done! thank you so so much for 2.4K!!! that is insane