30

Elise POV

"Everything looks just as I suspected, you are around 6 weeks now. There they are." Doc says to me pointing at the screen next to us where we could see a small image of something that resembles a small circle. 

I was sitting in his office, a cold gel on my stomach where he was putting some sort of x ray device. Poe was gripping onto my hand, a large smile on his face as he looked at the screen. 

"And everything is healthy right? They look like they should?" I say worriedly and he pats my shoulder, "Don't worry Kenobi, everything is perfect." He says and both Poe and I let out a sigh f relief. 

"Would you like a copy of the ultrasound?" He asks, taking the machine off of my stomach. Poe and I look at each other and he enthusiastically nods, Doc hands him four copies of the small image of our little creation. "I gave you extras for the grandparents." Doc says with a wink and I nervously laugh. 

"Actually my mother is coming here today, we're meeting her in the hangar straight from here." I tell him, cleaning the gel off of my stomach. 

"Oh I'll have to see her sometime, did I ever tell you I was actually the one to give her and your father their very first ultrasound. Oh how history repeats itself." He says laughing and I just stood there with my jaw practically on the ground. 

"I have spent a solid amount of time with you and you failed to mention you were part of my birth." I say, shocked, "Oh I'm old, things slip my mind. But yes obviously I lived on Yavin with both of your parents and a bunch of other rebels after the war."

"Well thank you so much for helping us but we better get going, can't upset the queen." He says, helping me down and shaking Doc's hand. "It was my pleasure, I suggest you take these vitamins once daily and you should have a healthy baby in 7 months." He gives Poe a paper bag and we leave, hand in hand, for the main hangar. 

----

Poe is talking to some of his old friends at the docking bay when my mom's big silver ship lands gracefully in an empty spot. Poe walks over and stands next to me, sporting an eager look, "You ready for this, Princess?" 

"As ready as I could be with my mother." I say and he laughs, we walk up to her when we see her getting off the ship, and I'm surprised to see that she's not in a normal dress that I've only ever seen her in, but rather pants and shirts similar to what we would wear back at Base. 

"Oh darling it's so good to see you alive, and oh Poe you grow more handsome every day." My mom says while bringing us both into hugs, "Mother stop trying to steal my boyfriend, we've been over this." I say while rolling my eyes and she nudges Poe's shoulder. 

"Oh he knows I'm just kidding." She says and gives Poe a dramatic wink, oh my god this lady will be the death of me. "Anyways, how are my two Resistance heroes? I am so proud of you." She says, putting her arm around both of our shoulders in between us and walks down the path that Poe took me down, to the main square. 

"We're good, I am really enjoying Yavin so far, Poe looks quite happy to me to be home." I say smiling and he nods, "Definitely, I feel like a little kid again. I need to go steal some fruit from Leanna just like I did when I was little." He says, causing my mom to laugh. 

"I know you don't remember me too well, but I definitely remember that about you. Your mother used to laugh to Leia and I that you were just like your father. Anyway how is Leanna, I need to go see her." She says, rambling subject to subject like always. 

"She was actually the first person we saw yesterday, she seems good. Still at her beloved store." Poe says and she turns to me, "Oh there are so many people I need to introduce you to, they all last saw you when you were only 8 and back then you only cared about playing with the other kids." She said and I nodded with a smile, I was excited to learn more about my past with my mom, plus it would give Poe time to talk with his dad.