13

My arm felt as if it was on fire as Doc was taking out my stitches, somehow it hurt more right now than the actual injury. You could tell he was getting annoyed with me moving as he kept whispering incoherent words under his breath. I was supposed to come in tomorrow, but today he was open and during my check up he said I was ready. "Okay, I'm done, thank god." the older man says, setting down his tools. "I'll go get some papers for you about taking care of it." just as he was about to leave to go to the back the speakers of the base went off, filling the room with General Leia's voice. "Commander Dameron is currently preparing to land in doc 3." My eyes widen and my heart is beating faster than it ever has before. "I'm sorry doc, I really have to go." he nods as I'm practically half way out the door already. He smiles as I leave "Young love." is what he says pretty much to himself while shaking his head.

My legs are burning as I run down the halls of the base and my heart is beating so loudly I hear it in my ears. I make it outside and sure enough, there he is, getting out of an unknown ship handing his helmet to the maintenance crew. As I get closer I'm able to see that he a large gash on the side of his head surrounded by dried blood, he has obvious bruises near his jaw and it's clear that his mission went horribly wrong. He is currently talking with Jess, Snap, Leia, and a few other pilots who got there before me and as I get closer he makes eye contact with me and his face lights up. 

He walks towards me, obviously leaving the others mid-conversation, and I run at him wrapping my arms around his neck causing him to stumble back before tightly wrapping his arms around my waist. "Miss me?" He says into my hair as we embrace and I'm truly speechless there's so much I want to ask him and say yet I say the first thing that comes to mind, "I'm so mad at you." He laughs as he pulls away, keeping his arms at my waist, "Darling, that wasn't the first thing that I thought you would say." he puts one of his hands gently on the side of my face using the pad of his thumb to whip away a lone tear.

"I though you were dead, I don't know what I would've done if you died." He smiles at me lifting my chin up with his finger and looks me in the eyes, "Why would I die, I haven't saved the galaxy yet." I laugh as I hug him again and Jess comes over to ruin the moment. "Okay what a sappy reunion, yay we're back together, now Poe where's the map?" He lets go of me scratches his head, obviously not knowing either. "Well you see, that's the million dollar question isn't it?" All Jess does is scoff at him and roll her eyes. "I gave the map to BB-8, if he did what he was supposed to do he got as far away as he could. I don't know where that is but he's probably back at Jakku." Leia speaks up after hearing Poe, "Why don't you go get cleaned up with Elise, and we will get trackers on Jakku to try and find your little droid. Welcome back, Commander." Poe nods, "It's good to be back General." 

We make our way back to Poe's room and I realize that its my first time in here, it's about the same size as mine but he doesn't have to share it. It's pretty simple with a bed, nightstand, and closet. BB-8 seems to have his own little corner that has his charging station. I sit on his bed and look on the table next to his bed which seems to have a picture of him as a kid with a man and women, probably his parents. I feel him sit next to me and look at the picture with me, "Those are my parents back on Yavin, I was around 9 I think." he says and I nod, Poe back then still had his brown curls and a bright smile. "So was this Poe just starting to smuggle spice." I give Poe a playful look that is returned with narrowed eyes. "Well aren't you hilarious, Princess." causing me to laugh even harder. 

I walk into his bathroom, leaving him on the bed and grab a washcloth so I can clean his wounds. I lightly dab the damp towel on his skin as he focuses forward, "You don't have to talk about anything, but as you know I have some pretty good listening ears." He nods and turns towards me, as I drop the towel from his now clean skin. "Everything was going okay, I had the map, but once the First Order got there it all turned into a mess. My ship was unfixable so I was basically trapped, I saw Ren step out of his ship and confront Tekka, I tried to stop him from killing him by shooting at him but it was too late. He was dead and I was stuck in my position along with my shot by the force." idiot. "I was taken by the First Order and tortured to try and get information out of me but I wouldn't budge, that was until Ren invaded my memories." He paused, obviously it was a lot for him. "They found out where Beebee was and left me. However, some defect stormtrooper helped me escape on a Tie-Fighter. We crash landed on Jakku and Finn and I were sent in totally opposite directions. I was able to steal a small ship from a village not too far away and now I am here." He took a deep breath and I grabbed onto his hand, rubbing my thumb over the top of it. "You're probably the strongest person I know Poe." I tell him and it's the truth, he's overcome so many obstacles and he's still able to be his lovable self. He touches my face just like he did earlier, "Princess, can I please kiss you?" I shyly nod and he presses his lips onto mine, the kiss is gentle and filled with emotion. I put my hands behind his neck,  pulling him closer and weaving my hands in his hair, he moves his hands to the small of my back, and just as we were about to pull away Poe's swings door opens revealing Jess and Snap on the other side. 

"El! Poe! We think we fou- holy shit Elise!" As soon as Poe and I hear her voice we jump away from each other, both bright red and eyes wide. "I know I never went, but did they not teach you how to knock at the academy." I snap angrily at Jess as she just stands there, obviously trying to holdin a laugh and same with Snap. "What do you need Jessika." Poe says standing next to me. "Well as I was trying to say, an ally at Takodana said they spotted your droid with none other than Han Solo, Chewy, and 2 other people. However, an ally of the Order also saw him and so now we need to save your droid's ass, so get ready to fly again." Poe and I look at each other with wide eyes and run out of his room following Snap and Jess. When we get out to the hangar other members of Poe's squadron were getting ready to take flight, saying bye to their loved ones. Even though it was a hectic time for Poe he still spun around in front of me and kissed me quickly, "I'll see you soon, Princess." I smile at his gesture as he climbs into his X-Wing. "Be safe!" I yell and all I do is get a thumbs up back as I back up and go stand next to Connix and General Leia. 

Connix gives me a look and nudges my shoulder as I stand by her, obviously seeing Poe's goodbye. I roll my eyes and we wave at a departing Jess from the base, watching the Black squad move into light speed. Leia turns to me, "Connix has to stay here with some others to watch over the com's, would you like to come on the transport with myself, C3PO, and some other leaders." I feel excited that Leia would want me to join her and nodded happily at her offer. I make my way to the ship with Leia and after a few minutes we join the path of the pilots on our way to Takodana. "Who knew a droid could cause this much fuss?" I say laughing to Leia, and she just sends me a wink.

"Never underestimate a droid."