6

This morning I woke up to Connix violently opening the blinds, filling the room with bright light. "Welcome to your first full day at the resistance! Oh i'm so excited for you!" Connix said, at a very loud volume for the morning.

"Thank you, I'm excited too, what do you normally do first?" I say as I sit up in my bed, watching her warm up some water for coffee. "Well I always start by making coffee, as you can see, but then we move into the hall to eat for breakfast and then each division separates and trains for the day. You eat lunch based on your divisions schedule, so we won't be back all together until dinner. That's all if nothing goes wrong, which something normally does."

"What happens if someone goes on a mission?"

"Oh that's a good question, usually the day revolves around that mission, all divisions are ready to fight if needed to. You're in for a treat because our commanding pilot in coming home today from a mission to Takodana." This pilot seems to be all these people talk about, first Jess last night and now Connix. "Why is everyone always talking about this guy?" She looks at me and laughs.

"If you knew him you would be too, he's been here since before most of us, except the rebels, and he's hands down the best pilot we have. He's most of the pilots best friend too so it's going to be a celebratory day here."

Connix waits for me while I go into the shower and change, I'm in a similar outfit as yesterday except my shirt is black, I throw on my essential jacket that will never leave my back and Connix and I get on our way to the hall. We sit at a table along with the other girls from yesterday. As we are eating, Leia comes up to me asking to see me in her office and I felt like a little kid getting in trouble all over again, even if I didn't know if I was in trouble or not.

She closes her door behind me and sits opposite of me, behind her desk. "Getting into a fight on your first night here was not what I thought would happen." Crap, I was in trouble. "To be fair, I tried to get out of it, but honestly if I didn't it would seem more suspicious, and anyway it got me closer with them. They trust me." She gives me a disapproving sound not really believing me, "You're a lot stronger than I assumed, with the force I mean, a lot of users wouldn't have been able to stop themselves in positions like that." "Well I was constantly training it felt like while growing up, those jedi texts are truly boring but also informational" Leia laughed knowing just how dreadful those books can be. She was going to continue when Connix interrupted us knocking on her door. "Come in"

"Hi sorry to disturb general, but Commander Dameron has just asked to land, so he's made it back" A wide smile spread across her face as she got up, "That's great news Lieutenant, thank you, C'mon Elise lets go." I would be excited too but when I heard Connix say Dameron I couldn't help but do a double take, that name is so insanely familiar yet I can't put my finger on it. As we rush out, almost everyone has left the eating area and rushed to the large outside hangar, where a large, black x-wing seems to be landing. People are cheering and I'm able to find Jess in the crowd, who seems happy to have her commander back. "I bet you're happy to see him again, how long has he been gone?" Jess answers me while still looking at the ship that has now landed, "Honestly I just miss his droid, BB-8, he's adorable. Also, he's been gone about a week at this point, he had to convince some lady at Takodana to sign to treaty to help us at war, which she did eventually." I let her go so that she can go welcome him with the rest of his squadron and  see the girl who I met last night in the back, observing like me. 

"Why aren't you up there swarming him like everyone else seems to be doing?" I ask her. "Oh I would be but I've never even met him, honestly he probably doesn't know half of those people's names, everyone just is happy because we want every reason to be happy." "That makes sense I guess, don't worry if you'll have me I'll join your party back here." She laughs with me as we watch everyone rejoice. I can't make out his face but he's out of his ship, hugging some people around him, but I did notice a small mechanic ball rolling at full speed out of the group of people, right towards us, almost running Rose and I over.

"What the fuck is that thing?" I say startled "Oh that's Poe's pride and joy, he flies with him and the droid makes sure everything is going smoothly in the air." I freeze. "Wait what did you say his name was?" I'm sure I didn't hear her correctly, it couldn't have been. "Poe? Poe Dameron?" She says and looks at me like I am crazy. "Oh uh thanks, sorry to leave the party but I need to see Leia, bye!" I say running towards Leia, praying he doesn't see me, she is standing with other admirals and they look at me weirdly while I run up, out of breath. "I'm sorry to interrupt but General, I really need to talk to you, It's an emergency." "Elise, can it wait?" "I'm sorry ma'am, but I don't think so." She hesitantly followed me into her office where we just were. 

"I don't understand why you couldn't just tell me aft-" I didn't want to but I cut her off, "Poe knows about me being a Jedi, he knows where I come from, he knows everything I'm trying to hide, I can't be here with him here." Pure confusion takes up her face, "I'm sorry what? And why are you just now realizing this key information."

"Back when I was around 17 I went on a mission to Kijimi, I ran into him and we talked because I had to wait until sunrise to leave. He said how he wished to leave too, so I may or may not have mind tricked the security at the Hangar to let Poe leave with a stolen ship. I told him to go to the Resistance but I didn't think he would actually go, let alone become some commander or even survive. During my time here no one has said his name, only Commander, so I had no clue that I needed to connect the dots." I say out of breath by the end, freaking out. 

Leia is calm but defiantly surprised to hear my story, I see her look behind her and look back at me, "Well, sweetheart, you may not like who's about to come it." I hear the door open and a voice that I haven't heard in 4 years. "General, it's so good to see you, I have good news from the mission." "That is so good to hear Commander, you can go into to detail once Elise here leaves, thank you for stopping in." I basically sprint out the door with my head down so that he couldn't see me and I am pretty sure it worked, once I got a good distance from her office I released the deep breath I didn't realize I was holding. And realized just how messy this situation got.