11

Elise's POV

When I woke up I had a massive headache and I was in an unfamiliar setting. "Hello?" I struggle to say, my voice hoarse, I try to sit up but the wires all over me prevent that from happening. "Oh good you're up." said what seemed to be a doctor, he walks over to my bed and hands me a cup of water with what seem to be painkillers, which I gladly take. "How long was I out for?" I ask, truly clueless. "Not as long as I assumed you would be. You passed out last night from a mixture of fatigue and blood loss, it's been probably around 20 hours." I look down at my arm that is currently wrapped in gauze and in a sling. "Am I allowed to see any of my friends yet?" He smiles at me, "Oh for sure, your friends were already in here a good amount yesterday, quite annoying those girls were." that makes me laugh out loud, he was probably talking about Jess.

"Can you tell me who came in?" The older man looks deep in thought. "I didn't know all of their names. There were two female pilots I think, another girl with long black hair, Lieutenant Connix, and Commander Dameron." my heart swells at the thought that Poe actually came to visit but I push it to the side. "I'll go tell General that you're open for visitors, and then she'll let whoever she feels comfortable with, know." I nod as I watch the man leave. I try to think about what happened yesterday but most of it is a blur. However, I do remember Ren force choking Poe and almost chopping off my hand.  I get scared when I realize that the entire Resistance probably knows about my lies, everything that I have been hiding for years was just released to a group of hundreds. I found a place that I finally felt welcomed and I may have ruined it, I'm snapped out of my self-pity when I hear the door open and Leia walk in, alone. She walks over and sits on my bed, right by my legs. 

"I know you're probably worried so I just want you to know I had a meeting with the entire base and told them you history, a short one but the basics. I told them that you are not to blame for covering up your past, that I told you to. Pretty much everyone is so thankful for what you have done for us." She grabs my hand and rubs her thumb over the back of my hand. "How are you feeling?" she asks me, "Mentally, I feel better now that you told me that, but physically the pain hasn't struck yet but I know it will soon." She nods, understanding. "Who do you want me to tell that you're awake first?" I think back to what the doctor was saying. "I think Jess will burn this place down if she isn't the first one so can you let the girls know for me?" She gets up and pats my head, making me chuckle, "They'll be right in." She leaves and not even 2 minutes later I hear running coming from the hallway towards the clinic. 

Jess, Connix, Paige, and Tallie all come running in, crashing into each other while going through the doorway. "ELISE" Jess yells throwing herself onto me, making me laugh. "Hey watch the arm, dummy!" she quickly gets up looking worried, "Crap!" she laughs out. "How are you feeling?" Paige asks softly. "Better since I'm hoped up on drugs, but I'm more mentally scared to go out into the Resistance again." They all nod, "Leia gave out a nice speech and while some are still confused, a lot of people understand why you hid." Tallie explained. "I am really sorry I didn't tell all of you guys, you are my best friends I just was scared to tell a bunch of people, it was hard enough knowing that 2 people knew besides Leia." Paige, Connix, and Tallie all gave me understanding nods and Connix put her hand on my leg, "It's okay we get it, the only hard part was Poe's inflated ego that he knew something that we didn't." This makes me smile and put my head down, hiding my blush. "Hey don't talk about the love of her life like that." Jess said, making fun of me. 

"That is the biggest lie I've ever heard Jess, where did you come up with that?" I playfully yell at her while she's getting a kick out of my reaction. "I'm kidding, Princess" I narrow my eyes at her with a smile. "Don't call me that, flygirl." she rolled her eyes at me while looking at the other girls in the room who find this situation hilarious. "Oh but it's okay when Commander Dameron calls you princess? Thats sounds like bias to me, girls don't ya think?" She asks them and they nod with a hum of agreement, causing to my my head in my hands wanting to disappear from the situation. 

"Speaking of the devil, there he is, we better get going." Jess says, spotting Poe on the other side of the door waiting his turn. They all wave goodbye and tell me to feel better. Poe walks in once they all leave, but he looks different, he's in his flight suit. "You didn't have to get all dressed up for me, I would've been glad to see you either way." He smiled as he sat where Leia was sitting earlier, I sit up the most I am able to so that I'm eye level with him. "You know you need to stop saving me so much, I don't think I can save the galaxy that many times." he says while picking up my hand and intertwining our fingers. "How are you feeling?" he asked me while staring at my arm that is covered up. "Oh this thing? It's nothing, light saber wounds are just like paper cuts." He smiles at my sassy remarks, "But what about you?" I ask, "That was a pretty serious force choke." He nods, "Yeah it hurt a bit at first, but I wouldn't have minded if it came from you." His dirty remark caused me to let go of our hands and slap him in the bicep. "You know I never took you for a kink kinda guy, but now that I think about it, it adds up." He erupts in laughter and looks at me with joy in his eyes. 

The moment is ruined when I mention, more seriously, his attire. "Okay for real this time, why are you in your suit, are you leaving." I ask with sadness in my voice. "Um yes, Leia is sending me on a mission...to Jakku." he says the ending so quiet to a point where I can't even hear him. "Wait where are you going?" He clears his throat. "Leia is sending me to Jakku alone, before the First Order catches onto your tricks." My heart stops as soon as he says this. "Poe do you realize how dangerous this is? You could die, and I won't be there to save you this time!" He slightly smiles at my last remark. He grabs my hand again, "I wanted you there too, but you can't go, especially not with your arm. All I need to do is quickly grab the map, it'll be okay and I'll be back in no time. You can't get rid of me that quickly Princess." His old nickname has a new meaning now that he actually knows, and he continues talking. "You know I'm quite impressed with 22 year old Poe for knowing you were a Princess without have a clue you were a princess all those years ago." I nod, and although I know he's trying to change the subject, it won't work. 

"When do you leave?" I ask and he puts his head down. "Whenever I'm done talking to you, I'll be on my way." he sadly says. "I guess I'll be talking for quite a long time then." I smile at him and he gives me his handsome smile back. "Save it for when I get back, and I'll listen to you for days." He gets up from my bed, leans over and kisses my on the top of my head. "Don't tell Poe, Commander, but I think I'm gonna miss him a lot." He pretends to be talking into a headset, going along with my joke. "Poe told me that he will miss you more." He walks towards the door and turns towards me one last time, "Get better for me so that I can give you a real hug." I salute him and respond with a "Yes, Commander" I watch him leave my room and run out of the hallway to his ship. The next day or two were probably going to extremely long.