22

10 months later

Ever since we left Religne the Resistance Base has been non stop training. We were able to get a lot more recruits and day by day the Resistance has been able to grow in numbers.

I have been helping Leia train Rey and that's where I was now, standing with Rey among the beautiful trees of Ajan Kloss. Rey hasn't told Leia about her connections with Kylo, she hasn't told a single soul, except me. 

Rey and I watch as Leia goes to the command center to help some technicians, and once she is a good distance away I am able to actually talk to Rey. 

"I know Snoke is dead and he put together your bond, but have you guys connected since then?" I ask her, and she just rolls her eyes and sighs.

"I can feel him still, I feel him growing in strength. But he has been avoiding me, even if I purposely try to connect us, it doesn't work." she huffs while fidgeting with Luke's saber. 

"He's avoiding you because you're his weakness, he's avoiding what he knows can make him turn." she nods, knowing I am right. I wouldn't dare mention it to her, but I know there is something different between each other. I may be because they understand each other, they were both alone in their own ways. 

"How about you meditate, I feel your stress radiating of you. I'll give you some space." I say to Rey and she waves me a goodbye. When I get over to the command center I see Poe, Finn, and Leia all gathered around the communication board, looking at some sort of map that is tracking a planet. 

I go behind Poe and place my hand on his back, "What is this?" I ask and he turns around and greats me with a kiss on my forehead. "We think there is a spy in the first order, apparently there is some guy on this planet holds the information that they have for us." It seems suspicious, why would anyone help us?

"What is it's a trap?" I ask and they all nod, "That's the problem, but we're too desperate to pass this up." Finn says. "I am going to send you three, Chewy, and R2 on this mission, it is going to be an in-n-out situation. Get the intel and leave." We all nod but Poe seems annoyed, "What about Rey, she's too valuable for us to keep leaving her back, what is she even training for?" 

Leia and I give each other a look, knowing that she is ready but not yet finished with her training. "Commander Kenobi and I have her training covered, Dameron, thanks for your concern though." Leia says sassily and I can't help but laugh, Poe giving me a side eye. 

"When do we leave, General?" Finn asks, "I have to talk to Rey first so you can get the ship ready, leave within the hour." We all nod and Poe and Finn run to the Falcon. I spot Jess over by Rose and Connix and walk over to talk to them before I leave. 

"Hey girls, whatcha up to?" I say looking at the girls who seem to be doing nothing. "You know the regular, waiting for the inevitable attack." Jess says while rolling her eyes, "Well we think we have spy intel so Poe, Finn, and I are going to head over and get it soon." Their eyes widen with excitement. 

"About time we get action over here, I'm tired of your boyfriend making us pilots run courses we've done hundreds of times." Jess complains, and just as I was going to respond a queasy feeling rushed over me. My dizziness caused me to tip over into Connix's arms, I grab the nearest trash can and throw up into it, Connix pulling my hair back.

"Woah El, what the fuck, are you okay?" Jess says as I stand up, regaining my balance. "I think so, that's really weird, yesterday I did the same thing but that hasn't happened ever before this. Poe had to even explain to me what throwing up was." I am worried that I may be sick, it's horribly bad timing.

"Do you have a fever, you must be sick." Rose says while feeling my head, "I feel totally fine, my head doesn't hurt or anything, I'll be fine in a few minutes." I tell them, hoping the worry will wash away from their faces, but it only grows more and they all look at each other.