16

The girls and I spend the next hour telling each other our experiences on the mission, from the air, D'Qar, and Starkiller. We all decide to go to the command center where we think Poe will be and when we get there we see Snap and Poe laughing with each other. When we get over we join their conversation and Poe puts his arm around me, smiling. While they are busy with whatever they're talking about I can't help but notice BB-8 and a newly awake R2-D2 in the corner beeping at each other with C3PO and Chewy next to them. I nudge Poe next to me, "Guys, R2 is activated again." 

"Wha-" Poe says while turn to where I was point, cutting himself off at the sight. "He hasn't been working since Luke vanished." Snap says. The old droid goes up to a surprised Leia and pulls up a map, with a missing piece out of it, a missing piece that Beebee has. BB-8 quirkily rolls up to Poe beeping quickly at him that he needs the map. "I know buddy one second." Poe says, running to the center console and ejecting the map we were using early. He puts the map back into the droids system and Beebee runs to R2, virtually plugging in the missing piece, showing the full map. The full picture of what Leia has been looking for for years. "Luke" she quietly says to herself while everyone else gasps with joy. 

I see Leia walk up to Rey telling her something that seems important but Poe just turns around with a big smile on his face and hugs me quickly. "My mission wasn't for nothing!" He says, making me laugh. "I going to my room to get freshened up, do you want to come?" He asks me but before I was able to respond, I feel a hand on my back, a hand that belonged to Leia. "Sorry Poe but I need to talk to her for a little bit." He nods and walks off in the direction of his room, leaving me with the General. "Can we talk in my office, I need to show you something." 

"For sure." I saw and she smiles before turning around and heading to her office that is right across the hallway. I enter the room and sit across from her desk like I normally would. Leia takes a deep breath before speaking, almost as if she's preparing herself. "I am sending Rey to go to Luke, so she can train, I'm sure you can sense that she is most defiantly force sensitive." I nod, it was very obvious how powerful Rey was, almost that she was too powerful. "However, I knew since the moment I first saw her that she didn't have just any power, it was dark and powerful." 

"Me too, she told me able what she saw when she picked up Luke's saber." Leia nods and continues, "I hope you know that this will stay solely between us, not even Poe can know." she pauses, and I'm slightly scared to know what she will say. "Yes of course." Leia's demeanor changes to very serious. "I think. No. I know that she is a Palpatine, she is his granddaughter." the air is taken out of me when I found this out, it makes so much sense, but it is also very dangerous. "I want her to figure out herself before she has the pressures of her family against her. Thats why she's going to Lukes." I nod, agreeing with her, I just hope that her hiding this from Rey doesn't turn into what happened when she hid Ben's grandfather from him. 

"I was originally thinking I wanted you to go with her, but a message I got while you were in the clinic for you arm changes it all." I nod, scared for what she's about to play. She turns on her hologram system and the face of mother showing up is not what I expected and when I heard her voice for the first time in over a year my chest tightened. 

"Leia, I hope you are able to get this message, I've heard about all of your successes recently with the Resistance and I'm so happy you're doing well. You probably know about the terrors that have been going on in my Kingdom but I am happy to say that the First Order left our Kingdom. The left us with horrible economy and destroyed architecture but they left. I do not know why, I think it had to do with our inconvenient location, but we signed a treaty and they left us. I have not heard from my darling Elise, she may still be on Tatooine but if what I hope is true she is with the Resistance. Please send a response back if you have any clue where my girl is, May the Force be with you and the Resistance."