Chapter 10- Charmer

"So you actually think iron man is better than superman?" Harry asked as I sat across from him on the carpet in my living room. 

"Yeah, duh." I laughed putting a card down and picking up another. 

"That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard." He shook his head narrowing his eyes at me. "An 8?"

"Go fish." I gave him a smug smile because I was winning as usual. We were on our like 15th round and he was so awful at this game it was almost embarassing. 

Harry has been coming over after school almost everyday this week and my mom absolutely loved having him around. He always used his charm on her, it was gross. "Alright, I'm going to the super market remember support group tonight so I'll see you later." She walked over to me and kissed the top of my head. "Thanks for taking her Harry, such a lovely boy."

"No problem, it's the least I could do since you've invited me to dinner almost every night this week." He gave her the biggest grin and she smiled shaking her head as she walked out the door.

"Ugh, you're so gross." I fake barfed putting down another card. 

"You're just mad your mum likes me better." He winked before calling out another number I did not have. He was so dumb, so, so dumb. "Oh hey I'm having that party saturday night, you're coming right?"

"Of course, wouldn't miss it." I smiled, putting down my final cards and winning once again. 

~

"Okay so Madeline, you said you hated surprises and they made you angry right?" The perky lady smiled at me. We got a new instructor, Ms.Lemon. The other one apparently went off the deep end, who would've thought.

"Yeah."

"Has anything changed? Or do you have other things you're also angry about?" She asked folding her hands in her lap. I looked across the circle at Harry as he looked down with a smirk on his face.

"I actually really hate tattoos... they just make me weirdly angry. I don't know what it is." I said in a dumb sounding voice as Harry perked his head up. My turn to smirk.

"Oh well, we can work on that. Norman it's your turn." Ms.Lemon pulled out a folder and a pen and began to write as Norman went on and on about how he gets angry when people sneeze. Half the people in this group don't even have real anger issues, just bored.

"Sorry, I'm really late." All our heads turned to the doors of the gym. Oh god. "I'm Mason uh my mom wanted me to come tonight after I got in trouble at school."

"Hello Mason, nice of you to join us. How about you go take the empty seat in between Kayla and Madeline?" He nodded and walked toward me with his head down. As he went to sit down he looked up and locked eyes with me, mine probably wider than anything. 

"Well, what a crazy coincidence." He laughed quietly, his eyes glowing. My stomach was doing flips, this was even worse than Harry walking in. 

I looked across at Harry and he shared the same shocked expression as me. "This is just so great." He reached over and patted my cast and I pulled back quickly. 

"Mason what makes you angry?" Ms.Lemon asked and Mason dragged his eyes away from me to look at her. 

"Uh, probably rude girls and freaks, sluts and uh guys who think they're tougher than me." He leaned back in the chair and crossed his arms staring across at Harry who held his gaze, his eyes dark and scary. 

"Well, you're here which means you want us to help you and that's what we'll do. See me before you leave for your journal. Now if no one else has anything to share I think we can wrap this up." Everyone stayed quiet as usual before we got the okay nod and everyone shuffled out.