Chapter 34- The L Word part 2

Madeline's P.O.V.

I sat in the over sized chair, the smell of moth balls and peppermint candles giving me a headache. I could hear my mom and grandma talking in the kitchen about something my Aunt did. 

I groaned and looked over at Ian. "Psst." I hissed trying to grab his attention. I picked up a pillow and threw it at him.

"Hey!" He looked over at me, pouting. "What?"

"I'm bored." I sighed, sitting up straight. "Want to do something?"

"I am doing something." He rolled his eyes and picked up his tablet and went back to his game. 

I sat back feeling defeated. We'd been at grandmas for the past week and before that we were at my Aunt's house for a week. I just wanted to go back home.

I was so excited for winter break because I have an amazing boyfriend who is constantly treating me to the greatest things and surprising me with random little gifts. We've been together for almost two months now and I couldn't get enough of how hot and sweet he was. But, then my mom dropped the bombshell on the last day of classes that we were 'road tripping' for Christmas break. And by that she meant visiting all of the family members she ignores all year. 

"Madeline!" I heard my grandma shout from the kitchen and grunted as I got up. "There you are dear." She smiled as I walked into the kitchen. I loved being here because my grandma's cooking was a thousand times better than my moms but I was ready to go back home. 

There's only 2 weeks left of break and New Year's Eve is this Friday. I was determined to get my New Year's kiss. I helped my grandma and mom with dinner for the next hour as they continued to gossip.

"Go wash up before everyone gets here." My grandma told me as I handed her the oven mitt. This was the first Christmas in forever that we've spent with my mom's family. 

As I walked down the hall I pulled out my phone and called Noah.  "Hey." I smiled as I heard him pick up.

"Hey babe. How are you?" His raspy voice came through my phone and my heart started to beat faster.

"Good. I've been so bored here. I can't wait to be back home in a couple days. What have you been up to? I haven't heard from you in a couple days." I mumbled, sitting down on the bed that my mom and I have been sharing.

"Keeping busy. Just been hanging out with friends and stuff." I twirled my hair as his voice faded off.

"How is everyone? Have you seen Daisy she hasn't been answering my texts." I laughed, slightly annoyed.

"I haven't. I've just been hanging out with the boys and some other people from school. There's been like a ton of parties. You've been missing out. You'll have to catch up when you get back." His voice sounded like honey. I just wanted to be in front of him and kissing his soft pink lips.

I heard the front door open and a new crowd of voices come in. "Hey, I have to go. My family just got here. We're doing a last dinner before we leave." 

"Didn't you see everyone yesterday for Christmas?" Noah chuckled and I rolled my eyes. 

"My moms family is crazy. Whenever everyone's together there's never too many dinners. I'll talk to you later. And I'll be home Friday so find us a good party." We said a quick good bye before I hung up the phone and made my way back down the hall.

Harry's P.O.V.

Maddie was sat on my lap as the music blared. Her shrill voice was becoming very bothersome especially because she's growing more and more attached. Yeah I kind of like her but I really got with her to piss off Madeline.