Chapter 5- The cats out of the bag

"Mads!" Dasiy yelled across the courtyard as she stood on top of the picnic table. I just finished my second monday of school and I was about ready to drop to the floor in exhaustion. I walked over to her and sat down at the table with everyone else.

"Don't you guys go home?" I questioned looking around at them. I thought kids like them would be long gone after the last bell.

"Nah, we were all going to go to Dave&Busters, want to come?" She asked, her eyes practically begging me.

"Don't forget to be home by 5 for therapy circle!" Mom called to me as I left the house this morning.

If I wanted to get home with enough time to nap then I couldn't go. "Uh who's going?"

"Pretty much everyone except Harry and Cleo, family things. Please!" She whined shaking my shoulders.

"I can't, my mom wants me home to watch Ian. Cam has soccer practice so he can't. I'm sorry babe, tomorrow night we can do something I promise." I told her, giving her a hug.

"What are you walking home?" She asked and I nodded, she shook her head looking over at the table. "Harry give her a ride home, it looks like it's about to pour and you pass her house on the way home."

"Sure thing." He gave me a wicked smile and I protested that I would be fine and that I needed the fresh air but good ol Daisy just wouldn't have it.

"Need some help there short stack." Harry chuckled as I struggled to get into his truck. I managed to get in, placing my bag on my lap, Harry starting up the car. "What's your address?"

"I'll jus tell you when to turn." I bit at my fingernails as he drove out of the school parking lot.

"Fine, but I'm gonne figure it out either way." He smirked, tilting his head to look over at me.

"And another point for being a massive creep." I cringed, as he turned back to the road.

He put on his radio, War Pigs by Black Sabbath blaring out of the speakers. "Could you lower that?" I shouted over the loud music as Harry played the guitar with his fingers, neglecting the steering wheel. "Jesus." I reached over and turned it off, harry shooting me a rough glare. "Turn here."

He didn't speak to me at all the rest of the way, not even a you're welcome when I said thank you after he dropped me off.

"Who was that?" My mother immediatly asked as I walked through the door.

"One of Daisys friends." I sighed walking into the kitchen and pulling the bag of grapes out of the fridge.

"Is he cute?" She questioned bumping my shoulder.

"Mom!" I groaned putting my bag on the back of the chair.

"Okay, sorry sorry." She smirked putting the plate in the cabinet. "So therapy is at 5, it's with a lady named Martha. Seems pretty nice. You know what it's for right?"

"Uh, not sure. Is it the depression, anxiety or anger circle?" I asked and when the words left my mouth my stomach sunk, that sounds even worse out loud. which one? what the fuck.

"It's the anger one. The other don't start till next month. Are you nervous?' She asked sitting across from me. I shook my head and closed the bag of grapes puttng them away. "I'm going to nap, I'm exhausted."

I made my way upstairs and didn't even bother taking my shoes off before I plopped down on the bed. It only took a few minutes before I was completely passed out, thank god.

"Maddy!" I heard my mom call and I groaned. That was not already 2 hours, was it? I looked over at the clock and sure enough it was quarter to 5. "C'mon Maddy, cameron is going to drop you off!"

I quickly got up and ran a brush through my hair and put some perfume on before heading down the stairs. "It's at the rec center?" Cam asked my mom and she nodded as I walked downstairs.

"See you later, good luck." She gave me a hug before me and Cam left on our way to the therapy circle.

"What even happens at these things?" Cam asked me, turning down the radio.

"I don't know. This is the first one I'm going to that isn't at the the hospital. This is just everyday people who lose their shit too easily." That got a smile out of Cam as we pulled up to the curb.

"Alright, see you back here in an hour. Don't kill anyone." He grinned as I got out of the car walking into the building. I walked inside and the chairs were set up in a circle, typical.

"Hello friend! What's your name? I'm Martha!" A lady with bright blue eyes and short blonde hair grinned at me.

"Uh Madeline." I answered a little frightened at her overbearingness.

"Hello Madeline take a seat! Happy to have you here!" She exclaimed, her voice way to fakily happy. I sat down in a seat next to a guy that seemed about in his 20's clearly not happy about being here.

After a few more minutes Martha sat down in her head chair and we started talking. "Okay so you're all here because you're angry or you get angry very easily." She started off, in a not so great way.

"Tell us something we don't know." A girl younger then me sneered, her arms crossed, bangs hiding her eyes.

Martha ignored her and began talking about different ways to manage anger and all the things we'll be learning.

There was a crack of thunder and we all looked out the windows at the downfall of rain. Lightening illumanating the sky. "Alright let's go around and say one thing that makes us the angriest, that really sets you off. Madeline you start." Martha gave me that crazy grin and I shifted in my seat thinking.

It wasn't just one thing, it was all little things. I decided to go with something stupid and lame in hopes that it'll be easy to 'fix' and I wouldn't have to come here that much longer.

"Probably su-"

"Sorry I'm late." A deep voice boomed through the auditorium as he took a seat in an empty chair. Water dripped off his leather coat onto the floor, everyone staring at him.

"What's your name?" Martha asked, sitting up straight.

"Harry Styles."

"Welcome Harry! Alright Madeline what were you saying made you the angriest?"

"Surprises." I breathed out as Harry looked up at me. My blood turned into ice as a shit eating grin formed on his face. "Surprises make me angry." I gritted my teeth and stared at him.