Chapter 28: Falling Apart

Dean's POV:

I suddenly woke up from my slumber. I tried getting a little more sleep, but, no matter what, I couldn't. I checked my phone, for the time, 3:12am. I sighed and smiled, looking down at a sleep Seth. His head laying on my chest as my arms were wrapped around him. I pulled him closer to me and took in his lavender scent.

I started thinking about yesterday and what Seth asked me...

"W-What would you do...if I-I killed-"

The fact that he thought about killing himself hurt me. Why was he so depressed? How do I get back the old, happy Seth?

Suddenly, I heard a loud, piercing cry coming from next door. My curiosity got the best of me, and I decided to check it out. I gently removed Seth from my chest and leaned him on one of my pillows. I, softly, kissed his cheek and went downstairs. I decided to stay in my pyjamas and just put a leather jacket on. I opened the front door, gently closing it.

I walked to Seth's house and knocked on the door, three times. It seemed like hours until Mrs Rollins finally answered the door.

"Dean?" Seth spoke, surprised, "W-What are you doing here?"

"I heard a loud noise, and I thought I'd check on you..." I replied.

"O-Oh... That was... um... n-nothing..." she responded, with an obvious fake smile.

I examined her face and notice a slight bruise forming under her eye. I decided not to say anything about it.

"Umm...okay then..." I said, "Well, have a good night..."

"Y-You too..." she replied. I turned on my heel and went to walk back to my house, but before I could go anywhere, Mrs Rollins spoke again, "D-Dean."

"Yeah?" I said and looked back at her.

"D-Do you know where is Seth is? I-Is he okay?" She asked.

"He's staying at my house, for now," I told.

"O-Oh, good," Mrs Rollins said, "Well, good night Dean..."

"Night Mrs Rollins," I replied. I then turned around and went back home.

I opened the door, as quietly as possible, and heard a voice, just above a whisper, "D-Dean?"

"Seth?" I muttered.

"W-Where were y-you?" He stuttered. He sounded like he had just been crying.

"I just went to check if your mum was okay."

"O-Oh...okay..." he replied. I walked past him and turned on the light, "We should go back to bed."

I squinted at the sudden bright room and looked at Seth, who was covering his left arm.

"What's wrong with your arm?" I asked, pointing at it.

"H-Huh? Oh! N-Nothing," he said, stuttering.

"Seth," I say, sternly.

"Y-Yeah," he replies.

"Let me see your arm."

"W-Why?" He questioned, backing away.

"Just let me see it," I spoke, walking towards him.

I grab his arm and he winces in pain. I look at it and notice cuts, from him wrist to his elbow joint.

I looked up at him with teary eyes and croaked, "W-Why...?"

He suddenly burst out into tears and said, "B-Because...Becuase... N-Nobody cares about me...My whole l-life is f-falling apart... D-Dad's go-ne... Mu-ms found someone n-new... A-And one day... I-I'm gonna loose y-you... I'm scared..." he sniffled.

I engulfed him in a hug and rested my chin on his head, "You're not going to loose me, Sweetheart..." I responded, a single tear rolling down my face.

"Dean..." Seth spoke, after a few minutes.

"Yeah, babe?"

"I...I love you..."

"I love you too, Seth..." I then kissed Seth temple and picked him up and brought him to my bedroom. We got in the bed and I brought Seth close to me, so that there wasn't a gap. He laid on my chest, and quiet snores escaped his moderately parted lips. I kissed his forehead and started rubbing his arm, feeling all the bumps from his cuts.

Why was my baby boy harming himself?

He doesn't deserve this...

He thinks he's gonna loose me...why?

He thinks nobody cares about him...I do...

I need to show him how much he really does matter to me...

I decided to push all my thoughts aside and try to fall asleep. A few seconds later, I was in a deep slumber...
_____________________
Hellooo🤓💕

How are you?🥰🤟

Hope you enjoyed this chapter🤪💗

Have a nice dayyy❤️