Chapter 16: I love you...

Seth's POV:

"I'll be down there in less than 10 minutes," I spoke, quickly.

This can't be happening right now! No...

I dashed upstairs, into AJ's room.

"AJ, get your shoes on now." I said, opening her door, "We're going to the hospital."

She immediately followed my instructions.

How are we gonna get there?

We can't walk all the way there...

I then rang Dean. "You know how to drive right?"

"Hello to you too?" Dean said.

"Do. You. Know. How. To. Drive?" I said, ignoring him.

"Yeah, why?"

"Can you pick me and AJ up... we need to go to the hospital..."

"What's wrong? You hurt?" He asked, and I could sense the worry in his tone.

"N-No... It's my dad... Please hurry."

"Come outside your house, and I'll wait for you in the car."

I ended the call and AJ came downstairs.

"I'm ready!" She said.

"Dean's taking us to the hospital," I said and opened the front door.

"Alright." She said, and I locked the door.

We went over next door and I saw Dean on his phone, waiting in the car like he said he would.

We walked over to him and I knocked on the car window, making him jump, slightly.

He opened the car door and we got in.

_ _ _ _ _ _

The car journey was silent, apart from the radio playing, just barely audible.

Dean was driving us to the hospital, AJ was sleeping in the back seat of the car and I was staring out the window.

I felt a hand on my thigh. I looked and saw it was Deans.

"Relax..." he said, "He'll be fine."

"Dean, he had a fucking heart attack! How am I supposed to relax?" I said.

Dean sighed and stayed silent. I didn't mean to be too hard on him... I was just so worried about my father.

I began crying silently, whilst glancing out the window.

_ _ _ _ _ _

@ the hospital

Deans POV:

We finally made it to the hospital. Seth went into the hospital and checked in, whilst I tried waking up AJ.

I carried AJ into the hospital, seeing as though she wouldn't wake up.

I saw Seth and followed him to his father's hospital room.

_ _ _ _ _ _

We were outside the door. Seth sighed and opened the door a few minutes later.

Inside was a horrific sight... It was Mrs Lopez laying on top of her husband, face in her arms.

Seth ran over to her and hugged her, whilst I put AJ on one of the chairs in the hospital room.

I stood near the corner of the room as I watched Mr Rollins' heartbeat monitor.

It was quiet in the room, apart from the quiet sobs coming from Seth and his mum and the unhurried beeps from the little song the heartbeat monitor would play.

A few minutes later, a doctor came into the room.

"I'm sorry, but visiting hours are over now..." he spoke.

"C-Can't we s-stay for a big lo-longer...?" Seth pleaded.

"I'm afraid not, sir..." he told, "Although, I could make the exception that one of you can stay the night."

"Mum?" Seth spoke, "Do you want to stay?"

"You sure, Sweetie?" Mrs Lopez asked.

"Yeah..." Seth said, looking at me and giving me a weak smile.

"We should get going..." I said, "It's going to be hell getting this one in the car." I said and motioned at the sleeping AJ.

Seth chuckled and stood up from his seat. Mrs Lopez kissed him on the forehead and did the same with AJ.

"Look after my son." She whispered to me. I nodded in response and she gave me a kiss on the forehead.

I picked up AJ and walked out to my car, with Seth following behind.

I laid AJ down on the backseat of the car. I entered the driver seat and Seth sat on the passenger seat.

I put my seatbelt on and keys in the ignition. I turned the keys, put on the radio and fixed my mirror. In less than 5 minutes we were off.

Around 10 minutes later, I could hear Seth, quietly, singing to the music playing on the radio. So cute! I thought, smiling to myself.

_ _ _ _ _ _

@ Seths house:

Seth's POV:

We finally made it home. I got out of the car and thanked Dean for his help. I kissed his forehead, gently, and before I walked off I asked him, "Dean... can you stay over the night?"

"If you want me to, sure." He grinned, causing me to smile.

He got out the car and picked up AJ, over his shoulders.

"I don't know how she slept through all of that," Dean said, making us both chuckle.

I got my keys out and unlocked the front door to my house.

"I'll take her upstairs," I said to Dean, taking my sister from him.

I went upstairs, and into my sisters' room. I tucked her into bed and kissed her head.

"I love you..." I whispered.

I went back downstairs and saw Dean sitting on the couch, watching wrestling. I sat down next to him and he wrapped his arm around my shoulder. I snuggled up close to him so that there wasn't a gap between us.

A few minutes later, I was getting really tired. I took in his pine scent and before you knew it, darkness took over my body.
_____________________
Heyyy😽💗

Am I the only person who doesn't ship Becky and Seth???💙🥴

Anyways, hope you enjoyed the chapter💓😍

Have a nice dayyy❤️