Chapter 13

Finn:

The boys splashed around in the pool like kids and I couldn't help but miss the days when we were all younger and shooting IT.  That summer had honestly been one of the best times of my life and thinking back on it brought a wave of bitter-sweet nostalgia.  Sofia sat on a lounger, her pale skin slowly turning red in the bright sun. She considered herself too mature to participate in our games, but I knew that she was watching over us intently and giggling to herself at our antics. 

Jack pounced onto my back sending a flurry of waves over to Chosen and Wyatt who were talking quietly at the steps. Chosen had arrived this morning and the group finally felt completed. I shook violently trying to throw Jack off my back but that only made him yelp and told on tighter.  I ended up dunking him to finally get him off before I swam over to the deeper end to try and get away.  I was laughing so much that I could barely breathe and ended up choking on the chlorinated water. 

Jaeden swam over to join me and we started up conversation about upcoming projects and what we were going to do with our year off.  In a few months we would all be able to take a break from our busy schedules, and I'd made sure not to book any acting in the foreseeable future.  Jaeden and I had planned a little vacation, if you'd like to call it that, we weren't sure exactly what we were going o do with it yet.  

Before long all the boys came to join us, Jack holding steady onto my shoulders to not sink, this end was a little too deep for him.  I laughed to myself, the poor short bastard.  We were caught in a epic debate over who was better, Mac Demarco or Rex Orange County.  When I say all of us I mean it was Wyatt versus me and everyone else just picked random sides based on who sounded the most convincing.  Wyatt was definitely winning and I had nearly accepted defeat when Sofia broke up our little gathering. 

"Sorry to interrupt this uh, very intellectual conversation but I just got a call from downstairs that someone was here to see us, or rather see Finn,"  She giggled.  I gave her a puzzled look and told her to carry on.
"Oh my god, Sadie's here to see you, I told them to send her up to the pool." 

Oh fuck shit, what? I must have heard wrong. Sadie couldn't be here, why was she here? What if something serious had happened? Did I do something? I tried desperately to rack my brain but nothing came up. What if she just wanted to hang out and knew you were here? Yea that sounds more sensible. Pull it together Finn. 
"Oh that's great," my voice cracked and the boys exploded in a fit of laughter while Sofia told them to shut up.
"I think it's cute that our Finnie has a crush," she said dramatically, "Maybe she'll stop you hooking up with random girls in my hotel room."  Her face suddenly fell to a death glare. 
"Oh shit I forgot about that," I said with a nervous laugh, "But I do not have a crush on her." I said through gritted teeth. 

"Really? Oh good I might get myself a girlfriend boys," Chosen said 
"No-" my voice cracked again and a spring of laughs echoed through the nearly empty sitting area. "Come on Finn you've liked her forever when are you going to stop being such a pussy," Wyatt said exasperatedly.
"Like you're one to talk," I snapped back. 

Suddenly Sadie appeared, she saw us straight away and walked up.  
"Sorry to intrude you guys, I tried to call you Finn." I could tell I was blushing so I quickly dunked my head under the water before answering, "You're not intruding." I said.
"Oh good, I was just ridiculously bored and I wanted to hang out, I knew you'd be here." I smiled up at her from where I was in the pool, Jack still gripped to my shoulder mumbled something in my ear about ruining the fun but I ignored him. "You can take a seat with Sofia, I'll be out in a minute I just need to dry off." 
Sadie nodded and turned to Sofia who immediately started talking away about some girly thing. They laughed and all the tension was broken.  I was secretly really glad they got along so well, maybe that meant Sadie could come to more of these.