chapter 4

Finn: 

I waited and watched as Sadie struggled with my hoodie, once she finally got it over her head she looked like she was drowning. Drowning in a dark green sea with her red hair floating around her head in the passive, icy wind.  I caught myself staring for a second too long and told myself we needed to get going.  We set off skating down the road, Sadie definitely needed to practice, but I acted like I wasn't looking whenever she would wobble or flap her arms to keep balance. Knowing Sadie if I offered to help her now she would just get offended and possibly walk right off without me. I laughed to myself, she was probably the most interesting person I'd ever met and I didn't feel anxious or stressed hanging out with her. 

Luckily for me Sadie was so busy trying to keep her balance that she wasn't paying attention to me staring at her, I just couldn't tear my eyes away. "We need to get off and walk from here," I said, hopping off my skateboard and gesturing to a path over the grass. Sadie nodded and agreed, "You're not leading me into the forest to murder me are you?" I pretended to think for a second, "Damn, I can't believe you figured out my plan." Sadie giggled, high pitched and soft. "Come on shorty, you need to keep up," I said over my shoulder as I walked off down the path. 

"I'm not that short." She shouted chasing after me. "Okay, shorty, whatever you say." I turned to face her and made sure to look down at her. I was nearly a head taller than her now and I wanted to make her know it.  All she did was stick out her tongue at me before racing down the path, leaving me with the only option to follow her.

When I finally caught up, Sadie was already off skating at the skate park.  She was short but she was fast, and I couldn't run for shit. "Did you really have to run?" I shouted down at the red haired girl. She smiled and shouted back up at me, "A little running won't kill you Finnie." 

After a few hours of trying to get Sadie to ride a rail with her skateboard the sun was beginning to set and we decided it was probably the right time to head back to the trailers

After a few hours of trying to get Sadie to ride a rail with her skateboard the sun was beginning to set and we decided it was probably the right time to head back to the trailers.  We had our phones on us but people would still be wondering where we were. 

Just before we left Sadie turned back to look at the view, "It really does make you feel like you're in the middle of nowhere doesn't it." she sighed, "It's so beautiful." Without really thinking I grabbed her hand and slid my fingers between hers, "well whenever you need some skating help just give me a shout." She squeezed my hand and i felt my cheeks heat up, hopefully in the dim lighting she couldn't see my flushed cheeks and ears. "Thank you Finn." She said softly before letting my hand go and picking up her skateboard. As she turned to go I tried to not take her letting go as rejection , we were just friends, she needed to pick up her skateboard, calm down, I whispered to myself. I also gathered up my things and we started the walk back to the set.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

:)