Chapter 5

Jen POV **cont'd**

There were those moments in life where you just wish you could teleport to anywhere that would afford you freedom. I was now in that moment.

I sat down at the kitchen counter as I started to feel a weak. Taking this all in plus carrying about a 7 month old pregnant tummy was anything but fun.

"Did you think I would allow you to give my child another man's name?" He asked while sharing me a plate of breakfast. Even though I knew he wouldn't hurt me, being here in a mansion I didn't know he owned and not knowing what he would do to my friends and worse my fiance I thought it best not to pick fights.

"They will look for me –"

"Oh I know they will I'm actually counting on it because I left a very nice trail for them to follow and I wouldn't try anything stupid if I were you. I won't harm you but your friends I'll use as lessons. You should eat, my baby is starving." He responded while continuing with breakfast.

I felt a tear slip, then another and soon a river as I silently cried while stuffing my face for the baby's sake. I needed to be strong for him but I only now realized the ring on my finger held a promise I'd probably never get to experience and enjoy. I missed Chad so much right now but I knew he was gonna hate me when he found out that the baby he was so excited about isn't his.

"The cable is broken! Oh my God I might have a heart attack. Imagine that death by boredom" I quickly wiped my face and looked to the door way where James, his brother stood dramatically clutching his chest. I shook my head at his playfulness as I remember how much of an idiot he is.
"Oh Jen, I didn't know you were coming over," he said looking at his brother with a raised brow.

I looked at Jeremy who now had his jaw clenched staring at his brother. "What do you want Jay?" He asked looking annoyed.

"What do I want? I'm sorry did you not hear me lamenting my sorrows of your shitty hospitality? Your cable is broken which means I'm going to be bored here."

"You can leave"

"Or you can have it fixed. Leave? Can you believe this guy?" He asked looking at me. "His days would be so dull without me I mean look at him he's like a fuming pitbull all the time"

I chuckled at his words and slowly ate. I was so engrossed in my delicious food that I didn't realize he was watching me until Jay spoke.

"Who knew my brother could make breakfast for someone. Tell me Jen, what gun did u use to threaten him?"

I chuckled once more and looked up at Jeremy who looked less tense now and was diving into his plate. He looked up at me for a second, a ghost of a smile lingering on his lips before smacking his brother's hand away from his plate. In this moment I remembered why I first loved him, why I was still so weak to him and it was also in that moment I remembered Chad.

"Hey, why are you crying"

"Let her be Jay"

"What the hell did you do to her man?" He pressed getting more serious.

"She's not your business"

"Really?! What the f—" And that was the last thing I heard before everything went black.

I woke up to a bright white coloured room and feeling like I had run a marathon. I was physically and emotionally worn out. Looking around the room I realized that I was in what appeared to be a hospital room and the slouched over sleeping figure on the chair in the corner was Jay.

"James?" I called loudly. I saw him shot up as his eyes frantically searched the room and went calm when he saw me awake.

"Hey Jen," he got up and walked towards my bed. "How you feeling?" He asked with his brows furrowed in concern.

"I'm okay," I responded but the tears sliding down my face betrayed those words and he pulled the chair closer and sat down running his hand through his hair. "What happened?"

"Well," he started cautiously looking at me, "you were having breakfast, you started crying and then you feinted."

"Where's he?" I asked wondering he was here and not his brother aka the father of my child. He was oh do concerned to fucking kidnap me but here I am in a hospital bed and he's not here.

"He had business to take care of," he replied while scratching his back of his neck. It was something he did when he was lying.

"Not surprised. But did the doctor say anything about my baby, is my baby okay?"

"Of course muffin is okay," he responded with a grin. "Just get some rest, and I'll be here if you need anything." I felt relieved knowing that my baby was okay and that at least Jay was here and I wasn't completely alone. Jeremy is always busy. Work work work only last time he told me he was working he was working some other bitch. I don't know what's gonna happen or what I will do when Chad finds out, all I know is with his temper...Jeremy isn't the one I should fear when this all blows up.