Chapter 2

Nika POV

"So let me get this straight, Ryan is back?" Amber asked staring at Ashley in disbelief who first mentioned it.

"Yes and you should have seen how muscular he looks too." Ashley responded licking her lips.

I rolled my eyes at the present conversation. This was typical Ashley behavior. There was always some tea she had to spill which now had to be about someone I was still inlove with. I couldn't stay around much longer and listen to her recall their recent encounter so I decided to excuse myself from the room.

"I think ammo call it a night," I said faking a yawn and getting up. I saw Jen looking at me obviously not buying it but kept quiet since the other girls were more interested in Ashley's story.

It was almost midnight as I made my way out to the garden to just be alone with my thoughts.

************************************

Ryan's POV

Sleeping was pointless. All I could do was think about everything that happened in the last 3 months since I left and that the girl I love was angry with me.

I got out of bed, pulled on a shirt and walked out to the balcony of my room which overlooked the garden. I missed how peaceful this place felt especially after all the chaos in Europe. I was looking down into the garden when I noticed that Nika was sitting down talking to herself as usual.

"That crazy girl," I laughed to myself, "my crazy girl." She was wearing an oversized T-shirt and long tights. I furrowed my brows wondering when since she started wearing baggy clothes. I watched her there pondering over something, admiring the way her brows furrowed when she was confused or thinking intensely. I smiled to myself while I admired her effortless beauty until she got up and I realized something I didn't see earlier. It was in that moment I realized the real reason behind her anger and I once again I was rendered speechless.

I made my way downstairs hoping to bump into her. When I arrived in the kitchen I realized she was already there rummaging through one of the fridges.

"Who has a mansion full of people and fridges full of crap?!" She asked out loud.

"Such cruel people," I grinned.

She shut the fridge and spun around getting me. "What?"

"We need to talk," I said walking towards her. I knew what I saw but I needed her to say it.

"We have absolutely nothing to talk about," she said walking past me.

I followed her up the stairs and to her room. "Princess you -"

"Ryan what the hell is your problem?!"

"Would you ever let me finish what I want to say?" I replied. "Are you pregnant?" I asked.

"Yes," she said.

"Princess -"

"Stop fucking calling me that! Yes I'm pregnant but what? You expecting a happy family reunion or some shit? Huh Ryan is that what you expect? Cause I do recall battling the worst wishing you were there every single night but wait, you couldn't. You were busy with your ex. You left me to go be with her and her kids in another country Ryan. Just leave me alone! Don't come back acting like nothing happened. A lot happened and you weren't there. You completely humiliated me and now I honestly don't want u near me. You're so obsessed playing daddy to her kids, don't worry I have someone who is eager to play daddy to mine too."

And with that she shut the door in my face.

"Nika!" I yelled banging the door. Soon I heard footsteps coming up the stairs and into the hallways I was standing. I turned around to see a muscular looking guy covered in tattoos walking up to me.

"What the hell is going on?"

"None of your business," I replied turning around to face the door once more when it opened.

"Ric," she said beaming with a smile. He stepped forward and held her in his arms as they both went in and once more the door shut in my face but not before seeing the smirk on his face. I couldn't move. I wanted to go back to my room but my legs wouldn't move. She moved on and seeing it was much more painful than having a broken limb. I know going to Europe with Stephanie wasn't the best idea but she needed someone and she was in danger. I couldn't just leave her alone when she needed me. What kind of monster would that have made me.

"All senior agents report to the briefing room" said a voice over the intercom. Checking the time I saw that it was 2am which made me wonder what on earth was going on for us to have to meet at this time.

************************************

Nika POV

Okay so maybe I should've told him the truth about my tummy and not lie about being pregnant but watching all the color leave his face at the thought of another man fathering his kids was too priceless.

Ric and I made our way to the briefing room as requested as my curiosity picked at me. "What do you think is going on" I asked as we went down the stairs to the basement level of the mansion. This level held the training rooms, interrogation rooms, gym, lab and the briefing room.

"I don't know but it must be serious because this weekend all agents were called back home" he replied.

Suddenly a chill came over me. Like the onset of a bad feeling that something was extremely wrong and the peace we thought we were maintaining was about to change.