Part 29

I searched through all of my clothes and came out of the room wearing a white long wool jumper with grey leggings. I grabbed a cream beanie hat and my favourite fluffy super soft grey scarf. My hair was in curls, as I wanted to put more effort into myself whilst in my dream city. I slipped on black Uggs with a white lining and sole, and I was ready to join Mike at the entrance of the suite.
He held my hand in his and laced his fingers with mine, then leant down and kissed me on the cheek.
"You look gorgeous!"
I blushed and giggled. I rested my other hand on his arm to pull him closer.
We stepped out of the hotel into the icy air and my grip around Mike's arm tightened as my eyes began to water with the strong icy wind.
The car was out at the front waiting for us and the valet handed the keys over to Mike.
"Merci!" The man nodded and opened the door for me.
"They really are professional here!" I nodded at him, "merci beaucoup!" He smiled and nodded again. I slid into the passenger side and sighed as it was warm in here. The door gently closed as I fastened my seatbelt and Mike was driving off before I knew it!
We drove around the Arc De Triomphe and it was absolutely magnificent and I looked in a trance at the historical architect of the buildings and bridges.
I would occasionally glance at Mike with my smile growing with everything I saw and he would be looking at me already. We pulled off the main road and down a little street and turned into a building.
"Where are we?"
"Secret parking!"
White lights turned on and revealed a huge open white room and Mike just stopped in the middle of it.
We got out of the car and met at the end of it where Mike held out his hand for mine.
"Ready to enjoy your day?"
"Let's go already!"
He guided me to the exit of the building and we walked through into a cafe where nobody seemed to care or notice us walk through a door signed no entry, but in French!
He grabbed two sandwiches from behind the counter as I saw the stunning Eiffel Tower through the window and once he was back at my side I dragged Mike out to the street.
"Can we go closer?"
"We can go up!"
"Really!" My mouth remained open with excitement and I had to be walked across the road as I wasn't being observant of everything else around me. As we approached it there was a huge queue which dropped my enthusiasm. However we didn't join it we walked around to the front and Mike gave a piece of paper to the man allowing people through, and the guard or whatever he was nodded and let us ahead of everyone else!
"How did-?"
"I have my ways!"
I shook my head whilst giggling, I held the side of his face as I rose up to kiss his cheek. "You are amazing and full of surprises!"
"So are you angel!"
The elevator opened and only the two of use were allowed in! Special service!
We got to the top platform and got a stunning sight of the city.
Mike pulled me to him in a hug full of warmth and kissed my forehead where my hat finished, I looked up and my nose brushed with his and my eyelids closed awaiting his lips to be pressed to mine.
I couldn't have thought of any such place better to be than right here in the city of love.
He gave me a sandwich and we ate leaning against the rails, silently.
The next surprise was a ride on a boat down the river seine around Paris.
We sat on the tour boat as the sky slowly changed dark as the sun set in the far distance. The lights lit up the bridges and buildings, bringing them to life! The sight was beautiful! Mike wrapped his finger in my curls as I listened to the translator to learn the history of Paris. He then guided it to behind my shoulder so it won't cover my face from his view.
When we got off the boat we returned to the car, the cafe was locked but Mike knocked on the door and we waited until a man opened the door for us.
"Mr Reed! Hello, you used the parking?" The man spoke with a strong French accent and let us past.
"Indeed I did Francois! Thank you and good evening!" Mike rushed me through the cafe back to the no entry door, once we were in the car he answered my confusion.
"Works with same people as I do, I don't want you to become friends with him, I don't like him, he is very flirtatious!"
"So you didn't introduce me. I understand!"
"Good!" He said it like a sigh of relief and then we were soon back on the road to get dinner.
He pulled up on the side of the road and got out, he walked around to my side and opened the door for me then holding out his hand to help me out! I took his hand and I couldn't help but blush!
I wrapped an arm around his and we made our way towards a small private restaurant.
As we walked past an alley I heard a cry for help and so did Mike making us stop and look down it, a female was being attacked by a man and I unintentionally ran down the alley and pounced on him. We fell to the floor and he rolled us over so he was over me and strangling me. It was a second later when Mike had knocked him out and pulled me to him into a hug.
"I was not expecting you to do that! You're quite feisty now!"
"I don't know what came over me but that was scary!"
The girl was a few feet away holding a hand on the wall to keep her balance she was obviously shocked and unsteady, "Nicole?"
My eyes widened as I looked around Mike's shoulder and saw the ginger hair and freckled face of my past best friend.
"Milly!"
She ran over with tears rolling down her face and jumped at me wrapping her arms around me. "I thought you were dead! Your family were on the news and you disappeared I was so worried and I never got a text, I was all alone without you! My god thank you, she is alive!"
"Wh-why are you here, alone?"