Part 22

"I'm back!" Mike entered through the front door and looked up at the bell. "I've only heard this twice and it's already on my nerves!" He looked over at me behind the counter. "Does it not annoy you?"
"I find it soothing as I hear it every single day!"
"When do you finish?"
I looked up at the clock above the door. "In five minutes! You better get going before Susan comes, she will ask lots of questions and it will complicate things!"
"Why would it?"
"Because Cody came in and made it sound like he was asking me out, so if she finds out about us she will have a lot to say to me!"
The bell rung, it was too late.
"Hey Susan!"
"Hello Nikki!" She looked at Mike who refused to look at her. "Customer?"
I didn't want to lie anymore. Mike didn't want to say anything so I decided to tell the truth! "No, it's my fiancé!"
"What about that guy?"
"I told you it wasn't a date, he's a friend of mine!"
"Oh! How come I've never seen you around here before?"
Mike eventually looked down at her. "I've been away!"
"Oh." Susan looked back at me. "How long have you known each other?"
"I met her when she was seventeen then she turned eighteen and I had to go away for work a few days after. Then I came back two days ago!"
"And you agreed to marry him? After he left you for four years!"
"He didn't have a choice Susan! He did it so I could have a better life!"
"Tell that friend of yours to come find me and I'll gladly go out with him!" She looked Mike up and down with a look of distaste.
"Susan!"
"It's time to go angel!" Mike came over to me and put his arm around my shoulders then guided me out of the shop through the front door.
I'm glad that's over!
"I'm parked around the back, why did you bring me this way!"
"So we can talk!"
"Oh!"
"Do you want to go to Cody's work tonight to talk about the situation?"
"At his work?"
"He's not home till ridiculous o'clock at night! Also we could hang around there and have a good time out!"
"Sounds like fun!"
We got to the car park and we separated to our separate cars.
"You go first! I'll be right behind you!"
"Okay!"
I got into my driving seat and reversed out of my spot, I stopped at the exit and looked back to check if Mike was there, which he was!
We drove back, Mike never let any car get between us, when we got back I jumped out and waited for Mike to get out of his car.
He walked over to me and stood next to me waiting for me to head for the door.
I got inside and Mike closed the door.
He wrapped his arms around my waist and I leant back against his shoulder. "Nicole Reed, it sounds amazing!"
"Your last name is Reed?"
"Yeah!"
"Mike Reed, that sounds so badass!"
"Thanks!" He kissed the back of my neck sending shivers down my spine. His touch made me feel so weak! I held on to his arms so he wouldn't let me go. His warm breath kept tickling my neck and my hairs stood on end. "I have been longing for your touch for four years!" He kissed the end of my jaw line and my knees began to feel very weak.
My phone started ringing and I sighed as I dug through my bag to find it.
"Hello Cody." I walked out of Mike's arms and sat on the armchair. "Yes, everything is fine! Wait, I need to speak to you about a situation! Not on the phone, no! I'm coming to visit you later tonight!" I looked up at Mike who had his arms crossed over his chest and he didn't seem too happy. "Yes, Mike will be there! I've got to go now! Bye!" I put the phone down and collapsed backwards into the seat.
"What did he want?"
"He was just doing his usual checkup on how I'm doing. He does it whenever he has a late shift!"
"So he did this all the time?"
"Yeah, he knows the time I get home so he rings at the same time!"
"Oh!"
I got up out of the seat and headed for my room. "I'm getting ready now, I'll be out soon!" I closed my door and locked it. Now I have to find an outfit! Sigh!