"Alexander, during the weekday you will be doing the work you need to focus on for that day. We have other clients. And you can't just push off your Monday work to complete this task. Everything will eventually pile up on you" his boss tried to argue. "I'm not sure how much free time I can grant you from Monday to Thursday to allow you to finish on time."

"Than I will stay after hours" Alec argued in return.

"Okay let me put this simply" his bossed stated in a low voice. "If you do not come in today. Than do not come in on Monday."

"You'll fire me?" Alec asked running a hand through his hair. This was the second time within the span of a week that he was being threatened with being fired.

"Don't come today. Don't come Monday" his boss repeated the order.

With a sigh Alexander gave his head a shake. He knew his boss. He rarely thought rationally and was quick to be angered. "We will talk more on Monday face to fac. I'm sure we can work it out." rather than wait for a reply, which he knew was bound to be another form of an argument, he pulled back his phone and swiftly ended the call.

Reaching for his keys Alexander swiftly started the ignition. Fiddling with the radio he headed off to his favourite destination.

"Charlie, Joey" Teddy said with a sigh "you two need to get dressed for the day. You can't spend the entire morning in just your pajamas." The girls had been rather difficult and defiant today, regardless of Teddy encouraging them with the knowledge of Alec's visit. It appeared as though little girls had a way of holding onto grudges. They didn't like that Alexander didn't come on Wednesday, regardless of him promising.

Now the two girls didn't trust that he was coming again. Or more so, Joey didn't trust that the man was coming. And Charlie, being the ever protective and obedient sister, had taken Joey's side.

"We like pajamas" Joey answered crossing her arms with a small pout. She hadn't gone through a terrible two's phase, but it seemed as though she might go through a terrible three's.

"I know" Teddy said, "but I'm asking you to put your clothes on. I picked out those two matching shirts you girl's love so much. And once you get dressed we can finally go to the lake."

"Lake?" Charlie asked eyeing her mother. Ah there it was. The interest Teddy needed to grasp.

"Yeah" Teddy smiled "we can go down to the boardwalk. They're renting little fishing rods for kids and maybe we can take out a pedal boat. After that we could get some ice cream."

"Ice cream?" Joey asked, her head turning up towards her mother now, her small eyes widening with excitement.

Teddy gave a nod, "I would like to, but you girls need to get dressed first. We can't go until you're ready."

Joey glanced towards Charlie; it was as though the two girls were sharing an unspoken conversation. Finally Charlie gave a nod and pushed herself off the couch. "We change now" she announced and went running off towards their bedroom, where the clothing was laid out on the bed.

With a small chuckle Teddy grabbed the discarded brunch plates and carried them to the kitchen. Pausing her actions for a moment, Teddy's hand drifted down to her belly. The bump was pushing its way out to be noticed. Up until recently she was able to hide the belly in baggy sweaters and cardigans. But now that May was pushing into better weather she had opted for a sunnier, but tighter, outfit. 

Rubbing the bump slightly Teddy gave a small smile, she was already five months now, and she was counting down the days already before she got to meet this little one. But thinking about the baby made her mind drift off to the thoughts of Alexander. He seemed excited for the upcoming baby. But things would be different once it was appearing more real. Would he want to be there for the birth? Or wait to visit after the arrival? Would he be around often and be involved? Or continue to only visit on the occasional weekend? What about his level of involvement changing diapers and midnight feedings? Or would he leave the majority of these tasks up to Teddy.