•Ten•

|•Monday, November 12th 2022. 7:54am•|
The students all got ready to go out in search of food. Minus Jirou and Momo who insisted on staying because she was worried Jirou would do something stupid.

"Alright. Be safe, we don't know how mush stronger they've gotten. Keep your phones and location on" Momo says. The class nods, and exits the room.

"You could have gone you know. I'm not gonna do anything stupid" Jirou mutters from the place she's laying.

"I don't know if I can trust you on that" Momo chuckles, "Plus, I wanted to be able to know you're safe, in case something got in"

"I'm perfectly capable of keeping myself alive"

"I know that. It's just, you're hurt, and I don't want to have to worry" Momo sits down next to Jirou.

"I'm fine" She turns so her back is facing Momo.

"Are you sure? You seem upset. Is your ankle hurting you too much?"

"No it feels good as new"

"Oh good" Silence, "Oh, that was sarcasm. Well just, let me know if I can do anything" Still no response, "Jirou are you sure you're okay?"

"I'm sorry Momo" Jirou says quietly.

"Why are you sorry?" Momo puts her hand on Jirou's arm.

"I made you worry"

"It's okay, really. I just want to make sure you stay safe" Momo smiles.

|•10:24am•|
The two girls sit in silence, just playing on their phones, until Momo breaks the silence.

"Can I see your ankle? I want to make sure it didn't get worse when you left" Momo asks. Jirou nods slowly and sits up.

Momo moves in front of Jirou and slowly unties her jacket wrapped around her ankle. Jirou tries her best to not flinch or whine. Momo walks to the cooler they have, ice supplied by the one and only icy hot. She grabs a towel and puts some pieces of ice in it, gently setting it on Jirou's ankle. She tries her best to suppress any noises as to not worry Momo, but she ends up letting out a sharp gasp.

"I'm sorry!" Momo apologises.

"Nope. It's f-fine" Jirou says through clentched teeth. Momo gives her an apologetic look.

"I'm sorry! It'll feel better in a second" Momo says. Jirou nods and grips the blanket under her. Momo sits back down next to her and Jirou lays her head on her shoulder. "Have you eaten yet?"

Jirou opens her mouth to respond, but she's cut off by a clap of thunder, and rain starts pouring, hard.

"Oh no! I hope they're not too far away. I hope they can make it back safe" Momo worries. Jirou texts the 1-A group chat.

Jirou: Will you guys be able to make it back in this rain?

Midoriya: I don't know, it's heavy. It may not be safe

Uraraka: I can't see a thing

Jirou: Okay, well then find someplace safe to stay until the storm calms down

Mina: Gotcha

"It's too dangerous for them to keep going in the rain. They'll have to find somewhere to stay for the night" Jirou explains. Momo sighs and nods.

Once again, they sit in silence, listening to the rain hit the window.

"Momo. I have something I need to tell you.." Jirou says quietly, blushing bright red.

"Anything" Momo smiles.

"This probably is a really bad time to tell you, but I don't know if there will be a better time and I feel like you should know" Jirou rambles on.

"It's okay. You can tell me" Momo smiles and places her hand on Jirou's.

"I- well- I've wanted to say this for a while. And I understand that you don't feel the same way- but I- uh... I like you Momo. Like, like like you" She hides her face in her hands, blushing a dark red.

Without a seconds hesitation, Momo wraps her arms around Jirou, smiling and giggling.

"Huh?" Jirou removes her hands from her face and looks up at Momo. "What are you doing?"

"Hugging you, silly. I like you too" She says. Jirou blushes and hugs her back, resting her face in the crook of her neck, both of them far too awkward to know what to say. "Uh, hehe, back to my question before. Have you eaten yet today?"

"Oh, uhh, no. Have you?" Jirou stutters.

"Nope. Lemme grab something for us" She looks in the boxes and pulls out a can of diced pears and opens it with a knife. She grabs 2 plastic forks and sits back down next to Jirou, handing her a fork.

"Thank you" She sticks the fork into one of the pieces and takes a bite. Momo does the same afterwards. They finish the pears and Momo puts the can in the trash.

"Here, let me wrap this back up" Momo says, removing the towel from Jirou's ankle. She takes her jacket from the ground and grabs a wooden spoon and makes a splint with it. Jirou squeezes her eyes shut and allows a small whimper escape her lips. Momo finishes and sits next to Jirou and hugs her. "I'm sorry"

"It's not your fault" Jirou whispers, wiping the tears from her cheeks.

The two of them sit in each other's embrace, content for the first time in a while. The rain hits the window harshly, and the thunder roars outside. The lighting causes the room to light up in small and large flashes. Momo pulls Jirou into her lap, Jirou sits sideways and lays her head on Momo's shoulder. Momo falls asleep, but Jirou just sits on her phone, texting Kaminari.

Jirou: I did a thing...

Kaminari: Jirou I swear if you show up in front of me right now I will kill you

Jirou: No I'm still here

Jirou: Momo won't let me leave :(

Kaminari: And you actually listened?

Kaminari: Wow you are crushing HARD

Jirou: Shut up

Jirou: Anyway..

Kaminari: Oh yeah, what'd you do

Jirou: So I may or may not be cuddling with Momo

Kaminari: Okay. And? You guys do that all the time

Jirou: Yeah. But not like in a friendly way..

Kaminari: No

Jirou: Yes

Kaminari: You confessed?!

Jirou: Yeah, I did

Kaminari then tries to call Jirou. Her phone rings loudly, causing Momo to jolt awake. Jirou declined the call quickly.

"Sorry. Kaminari tried to call me" Jirou sighs. Momo wraps both of her arms around Jirou and lays her head on hers.

"What time is it?" Momo asks, her voice sounding far off and tired.

"1am" Jirou looks at her phone, Momo snatches it from her hands and throws it out of her reach on the blankets.

"Go to sleep" She says. Jirou sighs and rests her head up against Momo.

"Fine" She smiles and they both fall asleep.

This is just one big emotional rollercoaster 😂