Don't Be Gone Too Long - Chapter 10

Camila’s POV:

“Camila! You’re gonna fall!” Lauren whispered screamed and I laughed.

“I’m fine, ju-“ I was cut off when my foot slipped from the pipe I was climbing, making me fall a few feet. I reached out and grabbed hold of the pipe again making my free falling come to a stop as my knuckles grind against the side of the house.

“Fuck.” I grit out through my teeth as I swing my feet to the right grabbing the pipe with my right hand and climbing slowly up the house again. “See? I’m fine.” I said surely to Lauren after I swung my leg over the ledge of her window.

“Shit Camz, look at your hand.” She grabs my hand and inspects the grazed bleeding knuckles.

“You got some rusty pipes” I giggled and leaned in to kiss her but instead I’m met with air as she moves around me and to the bathroom behind me. “Really? Really.” I mumble to myself standing back up straight looking around “I just climbed a two story house and she leaves me to go to the bathroom” I joke to myself and turn around going towards the shuffling in the bathroom.

“Here” Lauren says and I wrap my arms around her waist and begin to kiss the side of her neck.

“Shit!” I grimace as I feel a sharp sting from my knuckles as Lauren starts cleaning it.

“There. All better.” Lauren smiled and turned around in my arms after wrapping my hand in a bandage.

“God, you’re so cute.” I giggled and kissed her on the nose.

“Stooooop” She squealed as I pepper kissed her face.

“Hey!” I laughed as Lauren pushed me away and ran back into her room. I ran back in and tackled her to the bed and she screamed as I started to tickle her.

“Camz. Stop! Okay! I’m sorry!” Lauren wiggled and squealed under my wiggling fingers.

“Lauren? Is everything alright? It’s late, you should go to bed.” A voice from outside the door said and we both stopped our movements, bringing our hands up to our mouths trying to stop any unwanted bursts of laughter.

“Yeah mom. Sorry I was just watching a video. I’m going to bed. Night!” She yelled back and I fell on top of her silently laughing into the crook of her neck.

“You almost got us busted.”

“Sorry.” I apologized and sat up to see her green eyes staring back at me. I leaned down to finally capture her lips in a soft kiss.

“Apology accepted. Now why did you come here anyway? It’s a school night.”

“I just needed to see you. Annnnd I needed to give you something.” I said and set up still straddling her waist and pulled a box out of my back pocket. “I don’t know what’s going to happen after graduation. But I know that whatever it is you’re going to be with me. We’ve been dating for two years and you’ve still managed to love me, even after everything that I’ve put you through. You’ve managed to deal with my outbreaks and stubbornness. So I got you something to remind you that even after we fight or after I was an ass..that I still love you. And I already know that I always will. So no matter what happens to us in the future, I’ll never leave.” I finished and opened the box to reveal a little pendant at the end of a silver chain with “I love you. Now, later, forever.” Engraved on the front.

“Camz. I don’t even know what to say.” Lauren says biting her trembling lip.

“Just here. Let me put it on you.” I move the necklace around her neck and latch it securely.