01 Destruction*

I'll say it here because people aren't reading the description. This book is NOT BXB. It is also NOT DDLB. The boy is literally 4 years old and will not have any romantic relationship with the 19-year-old Alpha. If you found this on a reading list that says otherwise it is wrong. If you still want to read it I welcome you to. I just don't want anyone to have false expectations. Thank you for reading!

*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*

"Give it!" I yell at Bella.

"Nope mine now!" She sticks her tongue out at me. Bella is my little sister. She is three and I am four.

"Give me my whistle!" I yell.

"Mine!" She blows it in my face.

"Isabella give Brayden back his whistle," Father says. He is the Alpha of our little pack. We are mostly families. We only have five wolves who can fight but we don't fight much anyway so father isn't worried. "Now Isabella!" He orders. She pouts but gives it back. "Go play you two I have work to do... tell momma I'll be home for dinner."

"Yes, Father." We both say.

Now you might think it's irresponsible for him to send such young pups off by ourselves but you don't know how wolves operate. In a pack, every adult is like your parent. At least when you are little. They all look out for us so believe me when I say. We are not on our own as we walk home.

"Where ya goin' Bray?" Mr. Richard says as we leave the office.

"Father sent us home." I mope making my way to my house.

"How ya doin' pup?" Mrs. Lowery asks as we pass her yard.

"Just fine ma'am we're heading home," I respond.

"Everything alright Bray?" Miss. Tessa asks.

"Yeah... just heading home," I tell her.

"Let me walk you." Miss. Tessa is twenty. She always looks out for us. "You two be good." She says as we reach our door.

"Yes, Miss Tessa." We both say as we go inside.

"And where did you two run off to?" Momma asks as we walk in.

"Daddy's office!" Bella says hugging momma. "Bway is bein' mean."

"Am not!" I defend myself.

"Now you two get along... wash up it's time for dinner." She says.

"Daddy says he'll be home for dinner," I tell her and go to the washroom.

We eat dinner together in the dining room. Daddy says it is important to have family time. He makes a point to be with us as much as possible.

"Alright, bedtime pups!" Daddy announces.

"Noooo!" I moan. I don't want to. I want to hang out with Daddy.

"Story?!" Bella asks.

"Fine," Daddy says walking to the living room. "One story."

We curl up on his lap as he reads us a story. About halfway through Bella was asleep. At some point, I join her.

"Up Bray! Wake up!" Momma calls. I sit up in my bed.

"What's wrong momma?" She is frantically grabbing my sweatshirt and shoes.

"We have to get out of here Bray... put these on I have to get Bella." Momma orders. I jump up and toss on the shirt. I slip my shoes on my feet as she comes back in with Bella. "Let's go, buddy."

"Laces momma!" I tell her. She sets Bella down and ties my shoes.

"Ok let's go." She tries to smile but she is scared.

"What's goin' on, momma?" I ask.

"We just have to run, baby. Come on Brayden, we have to go." She takes my hand scooping Bella up in her arms.

Momma pulls me out of our house. It is chaos. Everyone is running. A few houses are on fire. What's going on? Where are we going? Why are we running? She pulls me down the street. I can hear people screaming. Suddenly a large brown wolf tackles momma.

"Run!" She yells. I take Bella's hand and pull her along with me.

Where do I go? I don't know what to do! Daddy! He has to know what to do he's the Alpha! I pull my sister toward Daddy's office.

"Daddy!" I yell for him as we enter.

"Where's Daddy?" Bella asks me.

"I don't know, sis," I tell her as we search the building.

"Well well well... the Alpha pups." A man says grabbing my arm.

"Bubby!" Bella yells.

"Run Bella!" I tell her. She starts crying and stumbles out the door. "Let go of me! My daddy will kill you!"

"Not likely, pup." He laughs.

"Let go!" I punch him in his most sensitive area and bite his hand. I may not be able to shift yet but Daddy told me how to get away from bad men. He drops me and I run for the door.

"Bella!" I find her in the Beta's office. I crawl under the desk and hold her. She is crying loudly. "Shhhh Bella you have to be quiet." I push her head into my chest. I hear the bad man in the hall as I quiet my sister. A brick flies through the window showering us with shattered glass. I tell Bella to be quiet as I look out the window. The alley is empty

"Bella, come here." I pull a chair up to the window and break the rest out of the window with a book. I pull her up with me and help her out the window. "Run sis... hide in the woods. Run until you're safe!" I drop her onto her feet. As she runs away, I see a wolf slash her with his claws. Bella falls a few feet from the woods.

"BELLA!" My voice is drowned out by an explosion. Next thing I know the building is crumbling around me. Something hits me and I'm buried in rubble.

°•°•°•°•°•°•

"We're too late Clay... are there any survivors?" A man says.

"A few... maybe fifteen if the injured ones make it. One pup, four teens, three twenty-somethings, five parents, two elders... no one who can defend the pack." His companion answers.

"Crap... they killed them all!" The man says kicking at the rubble.

I move the rubble on top of me slowly. I don't know these men. They are picking over what's left of my pack. My family! I have to get away! These wolves aren't safe. From my new position, I can see the men. They look young. No older than Miss Tessa. I can clearly see the woods in front of me but the men are between me and freedom. Maybe if I'm quick I can get past them. I see one man smelling the air. It's now or never. If I stay here he'll sniff me out. I take off towards the woods.