Nine: Running

Jake's POV

Was Gabi crying because of Camilla?

Did she lie to me? Is it about Greyson?

Many thoughts run through my head as I chase after Gabi. I really don't know what happened at the park, The only thing I do know is that the person I like, and who I thought may like me, was making out with my brother. (That part is not too surprising). But why did Gabriella run away like that? I know I will figure it out.

No more lying to me Gabriella Jones.

I race to her dorm, and knock on the door. No one answers. I keep pounding, and each hit is a little louder than the last.

"Gabi? C'mon... Let me in!"

After many minutes my head rest on the door, and I close my eyes.

I give up.

Just as I am about to leave, the door pops open, and inside stands Paris.

"Oh! I am so sorry Jacob! I was busy with my essays. How long have you been waiting?" She asks.

"Oh... Um not that long. Is Gabi here?" I stand back up straight and pull my fingers through my hair.

"No she's not... Sorry," She tells me. "I have to get back to work, I'll let you know if she shows up." She says while shutting the door in my face.

Whoa, well she's grumpy today...

I spin around and run my fingers though my hair again, thinking.

Where are you Gabi?

****

Gabriella's POV: FIVE MINUTES EARLIER

I should of known. He actually didn't love me. I was just another one of his flings.

But here I am, standing only twenty paces away from Greyson and Camilla. Jacob and I stand side by side, with both of our hearts shattered, yet he thinks it's only his own.

He thinks my heart is perfectly functional, with no cracks of bruises, yet that's not the case.

I am heartbroken.

I thought we had something special.

I thought I was different from everyone else he was ever with.

I though he actually loved me.

My face become blotchy, and a single tear runs down my cheek. I wipe it off with the back of my hand before Jake notices. When I spin around, Ace looks up from his book and tries to hide his laughter. He doesn't do a good job whatsoever. 

"Your face!" He chuckles, "It's so...-" I stop him there.

"Just shut up Ace." I start running.

I have no clue to where I am running to, but I won't stop.

I need to get away from him. I need to get away from that cheater that I thought I loved.

Now some people would think that I am over reacting. It's just one kiss, right? I broke my friend-code to just be cheated on. I destroyed my friendship for nothing.

People walking under the shade of building paused at the sight of me, a girl crying and running, with nothing chasing after me. A man called after me, "Hey! Wait!"

I ran straight down Willow Street. I didn't worry about where I was heading, I just flew over the cement as fast as my legs could. My tears started to cover my vision. I was scurrying between people, and others were staring at the commotion I was creating.