Chapter 2

this chapter is dedicated to redheadho3 for being the first person to ever put one of my books on a reading list. things like these are what make my day, and encourage me to write more. thank you to everyone who's reading, voting, and commenting.

"AAAAARGH" I Listen too my uncle yell as he flips the feast table over, he then walks over to the steps and sits down. I myself am sitting up on chandelier enjoying the spectacle. my father walks out from behind the pillar and sits down next to him.

"it's unwise to be in my company right now, Brother." Thor says, the anger noticeable in his voice. "this was to be my day of triumph." I swing down from my perch, slightly surprising Thor, and sit down on the opposite side of him.

"it'll come." Loki says softly looking at his brother. "in time"

"you just have to be patient" I say, leaning into him, he wraps his arm around me affectionately  and I have to hide a grimace, what! he stinks!

"what's this?" Volstagg asks, as him, Fandral, Hogun and the lady Sif enter the room. (did I spell their names right?)

"If it's any consolation, I think you're right. about the Frost Giants, out Laufey, about everything." my father whispers in Thor's ear, I smile, knowing what he is doing.

"if they found a way to penetrate Asgard's defenses once, who's to say they wont try again?" I say. I smile, Thor is falling for it. if we can get him to go to Jotunheim, directly disobeying his fathers orders, he would be punished, and most certainly not become a king anytime soon.

"next time with an army." my father adds.

"Exactly"

"There's nothing you can do without defying father." wow, really, no other way to slide beneath the radar. you practically just said, go  defy the Allfather. Thor looks over at Loki with a devilish glint in his eye.

"No, no, no. I know that look." Thor stands up and looks down at my father and me.

"That's the only way to ensure the safety of our borders." my father stands up at this.

"Thor, its madness." he says.

"madness? what sort of madness?" Volstagg asks.

"we're going to Jotunheim." Thor responds. I look over at my father. I can see that he may be regretting his choice now that Thor is dragging him into it.

"What?" Volstagg, again. does he ever stop talking?

"this isn't like a journey to earth where you summon a little lightning and thunder, and the mortals worship you as a god." Fandral says, trying to reason with Thor. "This is Jotunheim"

"My father fought his way into Jotunheim, defeated their armies and took their Casket." I can see my father thinking hard about a way out of this. he puts his head in his hand and  I walk over and pull his arm around me. I smile sadly at him and he does the same back. "we would just be looking for answers."

"it is forbidden" lady Sif reply's. I look up at the sound of Thor chuckling.

That's it, he's truly gone crazy, I think.

now, daughter don't think such things about your uncle, this is our plan after all

yes father.

"My friends, have you forgotten all that we have done together? Fandral, Hogun, who led you into the most glorious of battles?" aaah, so Thor is going to make a speech, great.

"you did." Hogun reply's

"And Volstagg, to delicacies so succulent, you thought you'd died and gone to valhalla" I watch the big man chuckle before responding with two simple words.