A gentle evening breeze passed by as I shivered delightedly, and for a moment forgot everything as my eyes closed.

"Sh*t," Caleb half yelled breaking my perfect relaxation moment.

"Do you need me to find you a washroom, again?" I asked bemused as my very short moment of peace got interrupted.

"This is not the time to be joking around... He's not moving." He continued.

"Mariah, what if he's dead?" He added nervously.

"Try nudging him and if he doesn't wake up. I'll try finding you a place to bury him." I reassured him as I slowly stretched my arms and strolled towards my porch.

"Mariah." He hissed, but the fear was evident in his tone.

"Chill, I made sure to tie it lose enough for him to be able to breath," I said in a matter of fact tone and stopped near the staircase carefully inspecting my surroundings.

He let out a sigh of relief.

"Do you know how much trouble we'll be if Reece figures out he..." He rambles, but I didn't pay attention as something caught my attention.

From my peripheral vision, I could see the curtains of my living room shifting and I knew that I was being watched.

I scrutinized my eye, looking dead at the window and saw a shadow pass by.

"Then make sure he doesn't know. This was fun and all, but I got to go." I stopped his rant as and walked towards the front of the door.

"Wait..." I cut the call before he could say anything else.

Without wasting a second I unlocked the door and opened in slowly and the heavenly smell of freshly baked cookies greeted me.  I took off my leather jacket and threw it on the couch.  I proceeded by hurriedly removing my sneakers remembering the scolding I received last night.

I followed the amazing aroma and walked near the kitchen area. I suddenly halted in my steps; I bit my lower lip and my eyes fluttered shut as I took an exaggerated deep breath.

I could get used to this.

I could feel eyes on me and knew I needed to act fast.

I then pulled my special move and made a funny face as I stuck my tongue out followed by making weird noises.

I could hear a giggle coming from my left side and I smiled knowingly.

Mission success.

"Oh, I wonder what that noise was?" I asked loudly.

"Shhhhhuu," Another voice chided, though the excitement did not go unnoticed by me.

In a flash, I was laying on the ground as two figures and a half jumped on me.

I groaned dramatically and peered through the curtain of my hair to see my three-year-old sitting on me with his big green eyes stared right back at me excitedly. He had a dimple on his left side cheek and curly brown hair and was dressed in a pink shirt that said, 'Mommy's boy' paired with a spiderman short.