Chapter 20

Recap - Day Out

Amar sat on the couch. His eyes on the floor. He was still angry and Jwala could sense it. Diya moved upstairs. Jwala took her first aid box and walked to Amar. She opened the lid and took out a cotton and  medicine. She sat next to Amar , applying the medicine in the cotton she kept it in his wound. He closed his eyes in pain. She blew air in his wound and he felt better. When she was done she kept a bandage over the wound.

"Amar..you should haven't reacted that way. These people can be dangerous as well. What if something happens to you and..."her voice dropped. He kept staring at the ground.

She knew that he needed time so she got up to leave

"I'm not a statue. I'm a human being. And I can't just keep mum and see whatever they does"he said.

She turned to face him.

"My vaishu died because of people like him. They killed her mercilessly. They didn't listen to her pleadings. She must have struggled a lot. She must have cried hard. But...they didn't listen. They killed her. Brutally"

She saw him clenching his fists. Before she could say anything he walked upstairs.

A day passed. Three of them had their dinner in silence. Diya walked upstairs to study while Amar sat on the living room , doing his work in his laptop. Jwala was busy in the kitchen.

By 10 he walked inside the library and saw Diya fast asleep in his couch holding her books. He walked to her and arranged her books. Kept it aside. He then looked at her. She haven't uttered a word ever since they've returned back. She was scared whenever he was angry. He caressed her hairs and kissed her forehead. With a smile. Grabbing a small duvet from his room , he covered her with that and walked downstairs.

Jwala cleaned the bed and wondered where diya had gone. She walked to the library and saw Diya fast asleep.

"Amar?"

She walked downstairs to the hall and found him in the couch , struggling to catch some sleep

"Amar why are you sleeping here?"she asked.

"Ah. Actually..Diya was sleeping in my room so I thought not to disturb her"he said

"But you'll get back pain if you sleep here. The couch is so small"

"It's okay Jwala. I'll adjust"he said and tried to get up but he slipped. Jwala rushed to him.

"Amar...listen to me. You'll get back pain. We can go to our room"she said. He looked at her when she mentioned 'our'. She realised what she said and lowered her head.

"I mean. Your room"she said

"It's your room Jwala. It's okay. I can adjust here"he gave a smile.

"Amar don't be so stubborn. Please...let's get back to the room. Don't sleep here"she insisted. He gave up and then they walked to their room.

"Can we share the bed?"he asked hesitantly.

"Hm.."she nodded making him sigh in relief.

He settled down in his side while she closed the doorsand lay on her side. Switching the lights off. The room became dim. Both were restless. The thought of having each other besides.

Half an hour passed by. Jwala couldn't sleep. She turned to the other side and saw Amar fast asleep. She sighed in relief and then examined his face. Recalling his words. How much he loved Vaishnavi. When she recalled how he punched that man. She smiled and kept looking at him.