Chapter 01

The hall was filled with guests. Their eyes on the huge mandap. Set up in the front where amar suryavanshi sat.Expressionless. Without knowing what fate have in store for him.

 Without knowing what fate have in store for him

His marriage day. Deep inside his heart felt heavy. He wanted to scream and shout at everyone. Not a word came out from his mouth. In a corner his parents stood. They looked extremely happy.

Amar Suryavanshi was a man who loved himself more than anything else. But that old Amar is no more alive.

"The auspicious time is here. You can bring the bride" the priest said and he flinched inwardly. He closed his eyes tight and clenched his fist

Clad in a red saree she looked extremely gorgeous Her eyes on the ground which didnt look so happy. She was in the same state as his. She was asked to sit next to him and she did. they didnt look at each other. Because they never wanted this to happen. He was a complete stranger for her and so was her for him.

The wedding rituals started. Followed by the chantings by the priest. Kanyadaan ceremony was asked to done by krishna , Jwalas father. He came forward and kept his daughters hands above amars. Tears rolled down his cheeks in happiness. Jwala looked at her father teary eyed. She knew he was the happiest man right now. She gave him a faint smile

The priest asked them to take seven vows around the fire

The priest asked them to take seven vows around the fire. Amars mother tied the end of her saree with his stole. He held her hand and they took vows around the fire. They weren't delighted. They werent happy as well. He wanted to end this soon.

He was asked to tie the wedding chain around her neck. And he did. A drop of tear escaped her eyes when he tied it around her. Their eyes met for the very first time and he quickly diverted it. She wanted to end her life right there. She wished to cry aloud. He applied vermilion in her hair partition. Marking his right over her. They exhanged garlands.

He kneeled down and took her feet in his. And slid the toe ring in her finger. Marking an end to the rituals.

They were married. Married strangers.

They took blessings from his parents. And then from her father. Everyone was happy. Except two souls. Who were forced into a life. Which they never wanted.

Jwala touched her father's feets and lingered a bit longer in that position. Her tears fell down. On his feets. He held her shoulders and made her stand up on her feets. She looked at him. Teary eyed. She was already weak.

"Why are you crying?" he wiped her tears.

"You dont need to get worried about me jwala. Appa is the happiest. You remember my words right? You are gonna start a new life from now on. You will be happy and i know that." he caressed her hairs and kissed her forehead. She looked at the ground. Unable to meet her fathers eyes. She bid bye to her father and sat on the car besides him. She was pale and tired. and tried her best not to cry.

Minutes passed by..They didn't utter a single word to each other and kept looking outside the window. The atmosphere soon got clouded up. To witness rain and within a minute a loud thunder bolted up in sky. Jwala clutched the end of her saree. She was scared of thunders. And soon it was raining outside.

She closed the window of the car. And tried to pacify her racing heart. On the other side he opened the window on his side. And looked outside. The water droplets fell on his face and he closed his eyes to calm his mind while it  kept running back to her memories.

Two different souls. Two different worlds. Two different stories. Now travelling in same direction.

Will they give each other a chance?

*****