Chapter 4

Blake Hunt

Quickly washing my lower half, I turned the shower off and toweled off. As I hung our soaked clothes, I heard voices from Ryder's room.

"What'cha lookin' at Jen?" It was Kayla. Some scuffling in the hall led to, "Oh! Yeah, I see why you're starin'. Ryder, honey, that towel don't hide too much," she joked.

A small laugh is all I heard from Ryder before his door closed.

Pressing my lips together, I peeked around the door frame. "Your fan club is growing."

"Psh, I know at least one person in this house who isn't a fan." Although there was a smile on his face, his tone didn't match it.

"What if we didn't tell him?"

"What do you mean?"

Pouting, I looked around the room and said, "He isn't here. He doesn't need to know. What I... What we do behind closed doors, is none of his business."

"True, but it may not be that easy. If he keeps up all his shit, I may put him on his ass."

"Then do it." Stalking towards him in just my towel I said, "I'd love to see that. He gets away with far too much. Someone needs to knock him down a few pegs. He doesn't realize how obnoxious he can be and how little he actually cares."

There was so much that I was sure that Ryder didn't know. A lot that had happened. High school and college parties that had gone bad. Things happened and Cole had turned an eye because he didn't believe the truth.

I had finally broken into Ryder's hardened shell and I had no intention of stopping.

A slow crooked smile formed on his addictive mouth. "Secret lovers?" He leaned closer.

"Forbidden fruit," I tempted him and leaned further into him.

"Star-crossed lovers?" As he asked, I could feel the heat of his breath against my lips.

"Is it so bad that I hope not?" Without further hesitation, I captured his lower lip between my teeth. Sucking lightly, he closed his eyes and moaned.

Humming in approval, I said, "Forbidden fruit is said to be the sweetest."

The skin around his eyes pinched as he smiled down at me. "I'm not a big fan of Romeo and Juliet anyway."

I gasped, acting as shocked and offended as possible. "It was one of Shakespeare's greatest works! A true romantic tragedy-"

His mouth came crashing down on mine. Giggling into him, I pulled him to me. The feeling of his hand gripping my back made me let out a solid laugh as he ripped my towel from me and threw it to the floor.

Scooping me up by my ass, he turned and dropped me on his bed. Staring at me as I lay breathless and naked before him, his eyes darkened.

I liked seeing him like this. Hungry.

I slid my hands up my sides, causing goosebumps and a chill that peaked my nipples. Pulling my damp hair from beneath me, I bit my lower lip and arched my back.

"Fuck, Blake," he exhaled the words as he stood there watching me.

I braced my feet on the bed frame and pushed my knees apart. Watching his eyes travel down from my chest to my core was making my body flush. His breath hitched before swallowing hard.

With a rough hand, he skated his fingers from the inside of my knee to my pelvis. Light circles spiraled down to right above my clit. Raising his eyes, he looked at me through his lashes with a devilish grin.