Chapter 9

Blake Hunt

"I have a confession," saying it as I drew shapes on his toned skin with my fingertips.

"Anything I should be worried about? I've already met the crazy ex," he joked. We laughed together before he rolled towards me, giving me his full attention. "So, what is this confession?"

"I already have an apartment lined up for when I get to Pittsburgh."

"When are you supposed to move in?"

"When I'm done here."

"Do you have pictures?"

"I can pull up the site," I said as I leaned back and grabbed my phone from the side table.

Pulling up the site, I handed my phone to Ryder. He scrolled and swiped in silence.

"How do you feel about getting... not this?" He asked.

"You don't like it?"

"I do, if it were your place, alone. If you're serious about us moving in together, though, then lets get a little more space."

"I am!" Nearly insulted by the thought that he thought I wouldn't be serious. "What's wrong with this apartment?"

"Too small, plus, you're still thinking single. We aren't single anymore, are we, Blake?"

Flutters erupted in my belly as I took in his handsome features. His green eyes gleamed as his mouth morphed into a crooked smile.

"What are you saying?"

"I'm saying that we are going to be living together, we aren't just friends. Although I'm assuming, we aren't going to have separate bedrooms. So-"

"So, will you be my boyfriend?" My eyes widened and I chewed on my lip watching his reaction.

"I was going to say we needed more closet room, but it seems you just took my next question from me." The corners of his mouth twitched.

"I don't want to be your boyfriend, but I do want to be your girlfriend and I agree, we will need more room for our things."

He poked my side, I crumpled into a fit of laughter.

"My answer is yes," he said as he guided my chin to look up at him. "I want you to be mine. I want to be yours."

Heat blasted through me as his eyes locked onto my mouth.

"Mine," I said in a low and seductive tone.

"Mine," he repeated. His voice was husky and full of need.

His hands slid over my curves and pulled me into his warmth. Our lips whispered mindless promises of the things to come.

Wrapping my arms around him, I opened my mouth to him. Tongues dancing, hands roaming, seductive passion sending tremors from one body to the other, and the unspoken words that were declared through the gentle handling of each other was a welcome, yet foreign, feeling for me.

Separating only to check that the door was still locked and to find a condom, we could hear the house come to life as guests began to arrive.

Completely different from every other time that we'd come together, this time had been different. I felt worshiped and cherished with the way he moved and moved me.

Slow and full of passion, we made love well into the evening.

Breathing heavy, hair glued to my face, he kissed down my spine. The aftershock of pleasure sent shudders through me. His dark chuckle vibrated through me as he wrapped his arms around me and cuddled closer.