Chapter 3

Blake Hunt

I watched as he weighed his options. In the few short days that we had spent together, I knew that he didn't act impulsively. Everything he did had a reason.

He smelled like the bar; cigarette smoke and alcohol, but I didn't care. Moving my hands up his biceps, I couldn't help but admire his muscles. He was toned and it was clear that he took care of himself.

A friend of my brother. A man who my brother was already feeling threatened by... It all made me want to break down whatever invisible boundaries were set between us. It made things harder that arms are my weakness and this man was sexy.

The look in his eyes changed and I felt heat boil through me. I'd broken him down and he had made a decision.

"Fuck it," was all he said before his mouth was on mine. Hot and heavy with a crushing gentleness that I had never experienced before. His hands gripped my hips and anchored us together.

Head spinning as my breath slammed out of my lungs at his mouth on mine. It was what he wanted. I could feel his confidence, from his stance to the heat of his mouth. Accepting the kiss and him as I pulled him into me. He was causing a high that I couldn't describe.

His strong hand slid up my back, pushing my shirt up as he reached the back of my neck. Gripping me to him; I realized I was melting into him. No one had made me feel this way.

My balance was affected. As he pushed into me, I leaned back, pushing us further into the room. Coming up for air, I held onto him. I didn't want it to end.

His mouth burned a trail along my jaw to my neck. His fingers sank into my hair and the noise that I made was nearly unrecognizable of being mine.

I barely registered what was happening around us when I felt him tense. The commotion outside his door sounded like a drunken hoard of elephants and I knew exactly who it was.

Ryder went still. Slowly pulled his head away from my neck as he stared down at me.

The loud boom against his locked door sounded like a body being slammed against it.

Absently, I rubbed my thumb against his skin in hopes to ease any tension he was feeling.

"Party pooper! Startin' tu think you ain't got the balls to get yo'self a chick..." Cole's drunk slurred taunts were cut off by Scott.

"Leave him alone, man. Let's get you to your room and set you up right," his voice trailed down the hall. Scott redirected Cole and had him on a different topic by the time their voices disappeared.

The small interruption seemed to cool the heat between Ryder and me, but neither of us had moved. His eyes were closed and his lips pressed together.

Without much thought, I asked, "What's holding you back?"

Without opening his eyes, a crooked smile spread, "Nothing."

"Liar. There is something." I was still out of breath and I could hear how breathy my words sounded. Bringing my hand to his cheek, he leaned his head into my touch.

"Morals," he said quietly.

"Morals?"

"Life lessons and experiences that have set my standards-"

"I know what morals are, I just don't understand why you're holding back," I had cut him off. There was no need for a defining what he meant. I just wanted to understand.

At that, he opened his eyes and took me in. His expression was unreadable.

It was in my nature to be blunt and filterless, but I didn't know him. I wanted to know him, so I was willing to tread carefully.