Chapter 7

Blake Hunt

"Stop fucking and get up, it's already one in the afternoon," Kayla called from the other side of Ryder's door.

With a quiet giggle, I readjusted myself on Ryder's chest while he continued to sleep soundly. His arm wrapped around my back, I was savoring the time with him.

Sometime in the early morning, he had snuck downstairs and gotten us water bottles and some of the pizza that was left.

My plan was to clean up the house when I got up, but he had other ideas. Stealing my phone, he texted Kayla and asked if she would make sure Cole and Troy moved their asses to get it done.

I didn't know how that went over, but there had been a lot of shuffling around noon.

As I watched the steady rise and fall of Ryder's chest I thought about the night we had just had. He told me not to hold back, and I didn't. I was loud and I didn't care who heard. With the party going on, I wasn't even sure if anyone would have heard us.

When he finally stirred, I knew that this would be the time we would have to actually get up.

"Are you awake, gorgeous?"

"Mhmm," I hummed.

"We need to get up."

"Says who?" I said as I nuzzled my nose against his smooth skin.

"Your best friend out there who thinks we still have stamina."

I laughed and rolled to my back. "What if we just stayed in bed all day?"

"I'd be for it," he said as he rolled to his side next to me.

Slowly, he dipped his head and kissed the corner of my mouth. Just as gently as the first, he kissed the opposite side. My heartbeat sped up with the compassion and ease he was showing.

"Ryder," my voice came out quieter than I was expecting. His eyes darted to my lips as I said, "I wanted-"

My words escaped me as his lips ghosted over mine. fluttering my eyes closed, I savored the feeling. His tongue darted across my lower lip and I chased it. Pulling him down into a kiss, I urged him to give me more.

Shifting weight, he accepted. Gentle and full of affection, this kiss was unlike any we had before.

Something from the night before had changed things between us. I didn't care about what anyone else had to say, including Cole. I wanted to be happy. I wanted to do something for myself.

I wanted Ryder.

"Can I take you to dinner tonight?" He asked.

I opened my eyes to see him staring down at me. With a smile, I nodded and pulled him in for another kiss.

"If we are going to go to dinner, I probably need to shower. Actually, both of us. we smell like sex and pizza."

"I could go without smelling like pizza, but sex... Sex with you, I would wear proudly." With a cocky grin, he rolled out of the bed and headed toward the bathroom.

Chewing on my lip, I watched as he looked over his shoulder at me. His body was amazing and I loved being able to admire it.

"Earth to Blake?" He repeated.

"Huh?"

"Share water?"

"I'd love to." Sliding from the bed, I followed him.

We took turns washing each other and trying to tame down the temptation to ravage each other. With all that, we had done overnight and into the morning, my body was already threatening to explode with the lightest of his touches.