Chapter 10: Prove It

The last few weeks were total chaos for me. Bright has been bugging me non stop either in class, in the cafeteria or even in my inbox. He's like everywhere!

There also came a time when Aziel came in the afternoon for him to take me to dinner but Bright insisted that he'll come with us. If I didn't raise my voice that time, he would have probably end up in the same table with us.

I'm not dense nor dumb to not have an idea about his intentions. In fact, I can completely see where he's heading to based on his actions but I just don't know why! He's been acting really strange for the past weeks.

He sometimes eat lunch with us and seldom times, he would even buy me food from a restaurant nearby. I just want to know why he's doing this. I can't take the bullshit he's giving me - that he likes me that's why he's doing all of these. I can't take it. I won't take it.

I've seen him with his girls when we went clubbing. I also saw him with a few girls outside the university and I didn't say anything just so I can have my peace of mind.

Moreover, I can't believe how fast he changed his preference when in fact, I know he loves girls and their mountains more than anything else.

I saw what my feelings for him can do. I don't want to experience another disappointment hence another rejection.

The afternoon wind blew while I'm taking a sip of my coffee. I'm in a café near our university to meet Saint. My mind is in haywire for quite some time now because of Bright. I'm like a teenager being all so confused just because of a guy.

"Hey cousin." said a man and sat in front of me. I smiled at Saint before pointing at the bar.

"Do you want anything?" I asked.

"I can take care of my drink." he winked at me before getting his wallet.

It didn't take long until he stood up to get himself a drink. He came back carrying an iced caramel macchiato and a plate of cinnamon Danish on his other hand.

"Hungry huh?" I teased and he shrugged before drinking his coffee.

"I just came from a shoot. You know it's hard to be a director." he pouted and started cutting the bread with a knife.

"Well you chose to study film when you were in college. Good thing you've been accelerated for three years because of your huge brain." I said sarcastically and he laughed.

"I'm sometimes regretting I studied early and got accelerated right away. I would have enjoyed being a normal student." he said while chewing his food.

"At least you're working now. You're earning a decent amount of money and don't have to ask money from uncle."

"Well that's true. I don't want to do anything with my Dad."

"Saint... aren't you sad that he disowned you? You could've let him see reason but you decided to move out right away even if you're still studying."

"I have long prepared myself for that situation. I already opened a bank account a year before I came out. I already transferred money from my trust funds to there." he winked at me and I almost choke on my coffee!

"No..." I shook in disbelief. "You scammed your father!"

"Well that's my money-"

"No it is not! That's his money for you but you used some of it for your account!" I laughed so hard. He may have been disowned by his own father but he's too prepared for that situation. He knew what was coming! Oh the brain of my cousin is amazing!

"Win, I have to pay my tuition for the last 2 years. I need the money." he rolled his eyes at me before taking another bite of his bread.

"So how is it going with your two lovers?" he changed the topic, now teasing me for having two guys in my life.